• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Lineup Per Butler

C Tyler Baker (0.328 4 HR 46 RBI)
    1B Casey Gillaspie (0.299 11 HR 46 RBI)
    2B Zair Koeimann/Cody Bobbitt (0.294 0 HR 8 RBI
    3B Chase Simpson (DNP)
    SS Eric Harbutz (0.280 0 HR 32 RBI /Tanner Kirk (0.231 0 HR 4 RBI) /Wes Phillips (DNP)
    LF Micah Green (0.286 2 HR 27 RBI)
    CF Tanner Dearman (0.301 0 HR 23 RBI)
    RF Garrett Bayliff (0.379 0 HR 39 RBI)

SP1 Cale Elam (3.17 7-5)
    SP2 AJ Ladwig (4.54 5-6)
    SP3 Sam Tewes (DNP)
    CLoser Foster Vielock (3.71 3-0 0 Sv)

Butler also says he doesn't believe in platooning, and believe best players day in and day out.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Butler also says he doesn't believe in platooning, and believe best players day in and day out.
    I like this

Comment

Did he say who the dh would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
        I like this
        me 2.

Comment

Originally posted by wyatt View Post
          Did he say who the dh would be?
          I don't recall reading anything on that. I suppose that would be a place where a newcomer could have a chance to bide his time until a position opened up.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised Dearman in over Mucha.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
              I'm a bit surprised Dearman in over Mucha.
              I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                C Tyler Baker (0.328 4 HR 46 RBI)
                1B Casey Gillaspie (0.299 11 HR 46 RBI)
                2B Zair Koeimann/Cody Bobbitt (0.294 0 HR 8 RBI
                3B Chase Simpson (DNP)
                SS Eric Harbutz (0.280 0 HR 32 RBI /Tanner Kirk (0.231 0 HR 4 RBI) /Wes Phillips (DNP)
                LF Micah Green (0.286 2 HR 27 RBI)
                CF Tanner Dearman (0.301 0 HR 23 RBI)
                RF Garrett Bayliff (0.379 0 HR 39 RBI)

SP1 Cale Elam (3.17 7-5)
                SP2 AJ Ladwig (4.54 5-6)
                SP3 Sam Tewes (DNP)
                CLoser Foster Vielock (3.71 3-0 0 Sv)

Most troubling thing here is that there just isn't anyone (except Gillaspie) with any power AT ALL. I expect a lot of station-to-station "smallball". Ugh.

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Small ball if executed well can be a very exciting game to watch. But its been awhile since that has occurred.

Comment

Out of all the MLB teams, the St Louis Cardinals hit the 4th fewest home runs this year and scored the 3rd most runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                      Most troubling thing here is that there just isn't anyone (except Gillaspie) with any power AT ALL. I expect a lot of station-to-station "smallball". Ugh.

--'85.
                      I don't know these guys like you probably do but there is no gap power with any of these guys? You don't have to hit homeruns to be effective. I thought that Simpson was supposed to have some.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post

--'85.
                        An inability to play small ball is what has killed the Shocks recently. It becomes a lot easier to win games when you do the little things the right way.
                        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                          An inability to play small ball is what has killed the Shocks recently. It becomes a lot easier to win games when you do the little things the right way.
                          Wow, really?

I would not call what we experienced under the #10 regime "inability". I would call it "unwillingness".

But I digress. I am sure Coach Butler has a plan and I am firmly in his corner.

--'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I look forward to the season and seeing the program regain national prominence.

Go Shocks!!!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                              I would disagree. Strategically all playing small ball effectively is it increases the chances if scoring 1 run, but overall reduces your scoring average. Small ball is important for certain situations, but this program was not a single run from greatness. The program demise can be attributed to lack of talent, and moral escapes at the player and coach level.

Comment

Working...
                              X