Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gete Stephenson Show (KGSO)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gete Stephenson Show (KGSO)

    I've heard a weekly show with Gene advertised on KGSO. Does anyone know: is KGSO replacing the Mike Kennedy/KNSS weekly version or will there be two shows each week?

    Chris Allison and Terrell Benton interviewing Gene ... this should be "interesting."

    --'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

  • #2
    The way I understand it is that KGSO will now have the weekly coaches show instead of Mike Kennedy and KNSS.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by shocks771
      The way I understand it is that KGSO will now have the weekly coaches show instead of Mike Kennedy and KNSS.
      Isn't that '85 just said?

      I think he was not asking for confirmation, but the "Why".

      Comment


      • #4
        Don't quite get your post SB. 85's post stated the following:

        "Does anyone know: is KGSO replacing the Mike Kennedy/KNSS weekly version or will there be two shows each week?"

        By reading that I assumed that 85 was asking whether there will be just one show on KGSO or if there will be shows on both KGSO and KNSS. I really don't know how else you could read that. I was simply answering the question by stating that the KGSO show will replace the KNSS show.

        Comment


        • #5
          Your right, My bad, for some reason I somehow read a "why" in between his "know: is KGSO his question - maybe it's my own subconscious asking the "why?" the move.

          Comment


          • #6
            Did I hear right that Gene's show is 2 hours long but Gene will only be available for an hour?

            Comment


            • #7
              Why?

              Because Kennedy/KNSS didn't want to do a Gene Stephenson Show until basketball was done.

              I get the impression that Gene doesn't want to play second fiddle if he can avoid it.

              KGSO stepped in and gave him an opportunity he couldn't pass up.

              Comment


              • #8
                a baseball coach's show without kennedy.....really? are you serious Gene?
                Mike Kennedy and Terry Elliott are shocker baseball sir!
                THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

                You can call me Bill

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yea, that is a dumb idea. But I bet it has more to do with $$$$.

                  It made me wonder if KNSS was going to give up WSU to KGSO or something...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh, quite frankly I listen to the BK more than Gene.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shocker
                      Why?

                      Because Kennedy/KNSS didn't want to do a Gene Stephenson Show until basketball was done.

                      I get the impression that Gene doesn't want to play second fiddle if he can avoid it.

                      KGSO stepped in and gave him an opportunity he couldn't pass up.
                      Shocker,

                      Do you know this first hand, or are you guessing?

                      My initial question concerned, the simple "what is happening?" aspect of the change in the coaches show. Now, I'll ask the "why?" I agree with the other posters about Kennedy. Mike has been with the Shocker Baseball program since, what, the '88 season? Mike knows every anecdote about every player that has come through the program and I get the feeling he "understands" Gene - as in when to push certain buttons and when to avoid others.

                      Gene could chew up and spit out Chris Allison after the first stupid question and create a really awkward situation. As for any former basketball player(s) in the mix - I'll just say WTF?

                      I'll be listening just to see what happens. Good luck KGSO.

                      --'85.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Never fear, you'll get your Mike Kennedy this season. New show on KNSS Monday nights from 6-7 PM, except the first show which is Wednesday, March 5th. Mike Kennedy and Shane Dennis talking Shocker baseball, with an occasional guest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          85,

                          That KNSS/Kennedy didn't want to do a show until after basketball season is something I know to be a fact. Is it possible that there are also monetary considerations that I am not aware of? Yes, that is possible.

                          The rest of my statement is "my impression" only, based on how the information was told to me.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by longlimbs22
                            Never fear, you'll get your Mike Kennedy this season. New show on KNSS Monday nights from 6-7 PM, except the first show which is Wednesday, March 5th. Mike Kennedy and Shane Dennis talking Shocker baseball, with an occasional guest.
                            That will be cool and will be nice change and provide for a more dynamic show (i.e. guests)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Gete Stephenson Show (KGSO)

                              Originally posted by Shocker85
                              Chris Allison and Terrell Benton interviewing Gene ... this should be "interesting."
                              Randy and Gene would be worth the price of admission.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X