Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Shocker Fall World Series

Wichita State baseball fall series

Wichita State baseball fans can get a look at the Shockers under new coach Todd Butler beginning Oct.17 in the five-game Shocker World Series scrimmages. The dates:
    Oct. 17 – 6:30 p.m.
    Oct. 18 – 1:45 p.m.
    Oct. 20 – 2:30 p.m.
    Oct. 21 – 6:30 p.m.
    Oct. 22 – 6:30 p.m.

Admission is a can of food for the Kansas Food Bank.

The stars of the black team IMO were Pitcher Reagan Biechler who went 4 innings gave up 0 hits 6 strikeouts one walk. Bob Arens who played first base and hit sixth going 2-3 with 2 rbi and a run scored, also made a NICE pick on a throw in the dirt. Looking like he's played first all a long.

For the Gold team Micah Green went 2-4 with a run scored. I did like the look of Zair Koeiman at second base showing GOOD range also had a hit in 4 trips.
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

A little more from last night. The black team played with out a DH. Not sure why. Connor Knight, Tanner Dearman, and Daniel Kihle did not play. So just a guess on my part they must be hurt.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
        A little more from last night. The black team played with out a DH. Not sure why. Connor Knight, Tanner Dearman, and Daniel Kihle did not play. So just a guess on my part they must be hurt.
        If that was true then its because the black team represents the National league which is the only true league in major league baseball. The american league just plays a version of baseball.:)

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          If that was true then its because the black team represents the National league which is the only true league in major league baseball. The american league just plays a version of baseball.:)
          Only the black team used 8 hitters the pitcher did not hit.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            Yes, as the saying goes, baseball has nine on a team -- ten is softball.

Comment

New players that impressed me. Wes Phillips shortstop, Zair Koeiman second base, Michael Burns Left field, Mitch McIntyre RHP, Cody Tyler LHP, Reagan Biechler LHP. Three games isn't enough to get a good read on players but these stood out.

Comment

Saw a tweet that included this video of a great catch by a pitcher during the Fall World Series:

Comment

Working...
                X