No announcement yet.

Baseball practice report from KAKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the correct way to address HCTB is Coach Butler. I say this because of a story that was told to me by a person that is in a position to know but it went something like this...HCTB was in his office when one of his players poked his head in and said "Hey coach B got a minute?" They talked awhile and as the player got up to leave HCTB said "You might want to pass it around to the rest of the players that my name is Coach BUTLER." Not a big deal but I think its good to draw a line to keep from being too familiar. I would liken it to being in the military as an officer to a subordinate.

Comment

"Coach BUTLER ... I gotta sit a couple of innings ... I was doing a demonstration for the other team's cheerleaders of my ... well .. my sweet samurai chop, but ... well ... Larry accidentally blocked it with his furious fist of fu and made contact ... so .. yeah ... I think I sprained my throwing wrist. Can I get in in the 3rd inning, yo?"
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Are we sure there is a Fall World Series this year? Hasn't it normally started by now?
        I seem to recall that Coach Butler said they would have a 5-game FWS. Last year the 7-game FWS started on September 29th and finished on October 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I believe the correct way to address HCTB is Coach Butler. I say this because of a story that was told to me by a person that is in a position to know but it went something like this...HCTB was in his office when one of his players poked his head in and said "Hey coach B got a minute?" They talked awhile and as the player got up to leave HCTB said "You might want to pass it around to the rest of the players that my name is Coach BUTLER." Not a big deal but I think its good to draw a line to keep from being too familiar. I would liken it to being in the military as an officer to a subordinate.
          "When I say something, I am not palling around."
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Kemnitz was on Sports Daily Tuesday as a co-host (which BTW is a mistake IMHO but that's a whole other topic) and I think he said the 5-game FWS would start on October 17th.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Kemnitz was on Sports Daily Tuesday as a co-host (which BTW is a mistake IMHO but that's a whole other topic) and I think he said the 5-game FWS would start on October 17th.
              Why is that a mistake?

Comment

I just don't think he presents that professionally especially when he and Lutz get into one of their sophomoric exchanges. Some people may like it. I personally don't care for it.

Comment

I like listening to him on the show. He's very knowledgeable and does a better job of challenging the know it all wisdom
                  of Bob than Bruce.

Comment

Saw in the Wichita Eagle that Coach Butler and the baseball team attended the anniversary of the 1970 football team plane crash. I am really liking Coach Butler.

Comment

Originally posted by kawwsu77 View Post
                      Saw in the Wichita Eagle that Coach Butler and the baseball team attended the anniversary of the 1970 football team plane crash. I am really liking Coach Butler.
                      Very classy indeed. I believe Coach Butler gets it. So far Coach Butler is saying and, more importantly, doing the right things. Not sure how successful we will be on the field but hard not be upbeat about those prospects as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kawwsu77 View Post
                        I was there and they were class acts. I'm loving Coach Butler and his team. Heads on straight, and they've bought into the program and the university. Mr. Linwood Sexton was there and stopped to talk to a few of the players, he seemed very pleased they were there to support the families and Shockers who attended the event.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          Mr. Linwood Sexton was there and stopped to talk to a few of the players, he seemed very pleased they were there to support the families and Shockers who attended the event.
                          Speaking of class acts. That description fits Linwood Sexton like a glove.

Comment

I've never had the honor of meeting Linwood, but I do know a couple that went to school with him at WSU and still see him from time to time and think that he is one of the greatest people ever to walk onto our campus. They adore the man.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                            X