Brian Flynn gets the call up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Flynn gets the call up

Per his twitter account, Bryan will start for the Marlins v. the Cubs at Wrigley Wed.

Brian Flynn ‏@BFlynn27751m
    Making my Major League debut for the @Marlins on Wed. at Wrigley Field!!! Don't wake me up! Thank you God. I love you Mom. Dreams come true!
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Two Thumbs Up.jpg
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Congrats to Brian. Hope he can take advantage of the opportunity.

Comment

Good luck to him. It was too bad he didn't take better advantage of his talent at WSU, but sometimes it just takes a little longer for a guy to grow up, and the bottom line is that he's still a Shocker.

By the way, it was mentioned in the Cody Clark thread that Flynn would make seven Shockers currently playing in the bigs (along with Wedge managing and Beyeler coaching) -- that's not bad for a northern school from a not so heavily populated part of the country.

I was in Austin recently and heard an announcer there mention that some recent callup gave Texas twelve players currently in the majors. Considering their respective locations, conference affiliations, and population and recruiting bases, for the Shocks to trail the Longhorns, whose fans know them to be God's gift to athletics, just 12-7 not counting coaches and managers, is really pretty impressive and a tribute to the former staff who brought them in and along.

Comment

Koyie Hill is catching Flynn in his debut, thats pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
            Koyie Hill is catching Flynn in his debut, thats pretty neat.
            Understatement.

Comment

Things are unraveling. Flynn's given up two homers in the bottom of the 3rd.

Comment

He got his first hit in the 5th. Now batting .500 for his career! :)

Comment

Marlins get 4 in the sixth to get Flynn off the hook. No decision.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Good Luck Bryan! It is great to see so many Shox playing in the show. It greatly increases my interest in major league baseball.

Comment

Always nice to see Shockers in MLB.

Comment

Had Koyie been with the big club long or did he make the jump from AAA to Miami with Brian?

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                          Had Koyie been with the big club long or did he make the jump from AAA to Miami with Brian?
                          I know he was with MIA when they were at the Royals in mid-August. Not sure when he came up.

Comment

Marlins brought Hill up from New Orleans on August 8th. He has played in 8 games .
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Great - add another who has seen action this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X