Andale Pitcher Tyler Jones Verbals to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
    is this one of those type of things where they add 2-3 inches on basketball players? i dont see how you can determine he throws less than what they state unless you know the type of gun they are using. or are you going off of past articles which would inflate gene's recruits to make them look better as your basis?
    It's like the guy that hit a drive 300 yards one time downwind, downhill, on hardpan comparing that to tour pros that average 290, failing to take in consideration that the pros average comes from two holes a round pointing in opposite directions where they might not even be hitting driver all the time. this kid might get amped up one hot summer night when he is well rested and touch 88 one time, and guess what number goes in the article. This is pretty standard for this kinda thing, so no big deal. Just ask one of your golf buddies how far they hit their driver some day, then go to a range and have them prove it with no wind, not many will be able to.
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
      It's like the guy that hit a drive 300 yards one time downwind, downhill, on hardpan comparing that to tour pros that average 290, failing to take in consideration that the pros average comes from two holes a round pointing in opposite directions where they might not even be hitting driver all the time. this kid might get amped up one hot summer night when he is well rested and touch 88 one time, and guess what number goes in the article. This is pretty standard for this kinda thing, so no big deal. Just ask one of your golf buddies how far they hit their driver some day, then go to a range and have them prove it with no wind, not many will be able to.
      No one is claiming he throws 93-94, they claim he throws 88-89.

So either you are suggesting that best in the world only throw 88-89 cause you used what the best golfers drive consistently as an example or you are just an angry person looking for something to complain about.

Comment

If all that mattered was how hard he can throw than they would call the position throwers not pitchers. The question is can he pitch? Maybe he can, maybe he can't. But the young man at least has earned the opportunity to show whether he has enough stuff (location, movement, change of speeds) to keep D-1 batters off balance.

The two guys headlining the 2014 Hall of Fame class, Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine, weren't exactly flamethrowers and they some how were able to get guys out consistently.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 29, 2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
          No one is claiming he throws 93-94, they claim he throws 88-89.

So either you are suggesting that best in the world only throw 88-89 cause you used what the best golfers drive consistently as an example or you are just an angry person looking for something to complain about.
          Yeah, you pretty much nailed it, i'm angry and believe that the best in the world throw 88-89, hey i can admit it, you boxed me in, exposed me, i feel so bad about myself now.
          THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it, i'm angry and believe that the best in the world throw 88-89, hey i can admit it, you boxed me in, exposed me, i feel so bad about myself now.
            Cant help but laugh as I read this with no sarcasm. I believe he is speaking straight.

Comment

Lmao, so what part of your response defends your piss poor example.

Do a lot of people lie about driving it 270 or so?

Comment

Working...
              X