Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DOBO

Paul Suellentrop@PaulSuellentrop

WSU will hire Scott Gurss of Neosho CC as baseball director of operations. Gurss worked at Arkansas for 2 years with Butler.

From neosho website:

Scott Gurss begins his second season as Hitting Coach/Recruiting Coordinator for the Neosho County baseball team.Gurss joined the Panthers after spending two years as the Volunteer Assistant baseball coach at the University of Arkansas and four summers as the head assistant coach and hitting coach for the Cotuit Ketteleers of the Cape Cod Baseball League. *In his first year with Neosho, he helped the Panthers find their way back to the JUCO World Series for a second consecutive year. **While with the Razorbacks, Gurss helped the Razorbacks to a SEC West Championship in 2011 and a trip to Omaha and The College World Series in 2012.* Scott's main responsibilities in his two years at Arkansas were hitters and infielders with the main emphasis on first base for defense. Gurss helped current Arkansas first baseman Dominic Ficociello to an*All Defensive SEC first baseman honor as a freshman. He was also responsible for placing all Razorbacks in summer leagues.**As a Ketteleer, Gurss held one-on-one workouts with several top collegiate players, including many that have already been called upon in the Major Leagues. During his four seasons, the Ketteleers went to the Championship Series each season, including winning the Cape Cod League championship in 2010.Prior to his time on the Cape, Gurss was a student assistant coach at his alma mater, Northwestern Oklahoma State University. Gurss constructed and devised practice plans for fall, winter and spring practices, created a fundraising program and implemented a work out plan for individual players.Gurss has also served as the Head Summer Travel Coach for the Alva Renegades and as the Summer Varsity Head Coach of Deer Creek High School in Edmond, Okla.A native of Edmond, Okla., Gurss graduated from Northwestern Oklahoma State University in 2008 with a degree in health and sports science. Gurss is currently finishing up a Masters degree in Workforce Development at the University of Arkansas. Scott resides in Chanute, KS.*
    "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Neosho had been winning with him there. Back-to-back JuCo World Series appearances. 40+ win seasons in 2011 and 2012. We played our regional at their field in 2011, and it's really nice. They had been able to put turf in and that was a big bonus. They had guys getting drafted out of there recently. I like this hire.
      Last edited by shockerofandover0943; June 25, 2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

In the coaching world, it is all about relationships.

I like the hire too. I am a little surprised that he is not an assistant coach.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Exit here for Wichita/North Fayetteville

Comment

Working...
          X