Todd Butler, Head Coach of WSU Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Also, is there any indication, from what he said (maybe listening between the lines), that WSU was his dream job if Gene were to retire or be fired, etc.
    I didn't get that. But I think he conveyed his admiration for the program and the history adequately. He WANTS to be here. He interviewed at Auburn. I PROMISE you Oklahoma was (is) interested in him. He wants to be HERE. That's all I need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I didn't get that. But I think he conveyed his admiration for the program and the history adequately. He WANTS to be here. He interviewed at Auburn. I PROMISE you Oklahoma was (is) interested in him. He wants to be HERE. That's all I need to know.
      Thats the feeling that I get also. He said he wanted to be an older head coach and he said his mother told him to have patience and wait. The interview could not have gone better if it had been scripted. HCTB's answers to questions were forthright and seemed very sincere. When asked about BK he said "Lets go back to GS one more time...GS is the 2nd most wins coach in college baseball..BK has been the pitching coach for 30 odd years so he had something to do with all those wins. BK is the best college baseball pitching coach." I like the fact that he will remain committed to recruiting even though he is the HC. I also like the statement that he was impressed with all of the all americans that preceeded his time here but was equally impressed with the academic all americans and promised to continue that as well. Seems like we got what we wanted even if we didn't know it at the time. Time will tell but I feel REALLY good about Todd Butler.

Comment

If you listened to him on Sports Dailey, you HAD to be impressed.

Comment

Go out to Eck between 5-7 if you really want to be impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Go out to Eck between 5-7 if you really want to be impressed.
            I will be there for sure. Kung if you show up I'll buy you an adult beverage afterwards.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                I will be there for sure. Kung if you show up I'll buy you an adult beverage afterwards.
                I'll go one better. If any SN folks show up I'll buy you an adult beverage or soft drink. How will I know you? You all have a certain look about yea.

Comment

Did ADES just say the 21st coach of Shocker baseball???
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Did ADES just say the 21st coach of Shocker baseball???
                      If you count a couple of the guys who were hired twice as different coaches, that looks right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita...ckers_baseball
                      There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Should segment the program. BGS/AGS.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          I'll go one better. If any SN folks show up I'll buy you an adult beverage or soft drink. How will I know you? You all have a certain look about yea.
                          What time u going to be there? Diet coke in a bottle will work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            What time u going to be there? Diet coke in a bottle will work for me.
                            5:30 ish

Comment

I liked a lot of what Butler had to say. He had the right answers and you could tell he has a passion and deep desire. That is good.

Being nitpicky, my one question mark was that it appeared he wanted to emphasize more on pitching and small ball. I guess hitting, our obvious weak spot, will just come along?

Other than that, it did get me excited about the future of Shocker baseball.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think the small ball comment is related to the newer bats putting out less homeruns

Comment

Working...
                                X