Todd Butler, Head Coach of WSU Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Butler, Head Coach of WSU Baseball

Sources are telling Paul Suellentrop that Todd Butler, associate head coach at Arkansas, has been hired.

Announcement comes Sunday. News conference on Monday. - Paul

Comment

Completely happy with this hire!
      Shox-4-Life

Comment

Sounds like a good hire on the surface. Probably compliments Brent's strengths. Anyone coming with him or there a former Shocker lurking out there to round out the staff?

Comment

Very happy with this hire.

Comment

Wow.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Some of you got your wish.

Best of luck to him. Great recruiter, and will be a good head coach since he will have control over everything. I think many on here are about to see that our philosophy at the plate was what DVH wanted taught, and not all on Butler just because his title said "Hitting Coach."
              From the Arkansas Fan Forum
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I like that he has SEC experience. I believe the big knock on him, according to some UA fans, is that he can't coach hitting. Many fans were salty at the guy for the Razorback's plate struggles this season. They had the pitching to go far, but their hitting was atrocious. I think many are glad to see him leave and want to bring in a coach who can teach hitting.

Perhaps Charlie can shed some light on the guy. Was it DVH's offensive philosophy or was Butler having issues coaching hitting?

Comment

Well lets be truthful - he is now the head coach and his biggest impact on hitting will be the hitting coach he hires.

Comment

Love this hire!!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Well lets be truthful - he is now the head coach and his biggest impact on hitting will be the hitting coach he hires.
                      Unless he makes the hitting coach teach his philosophy on hitting.

Comment

I AM EXCITED!

Comment

Good news!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I am excited to see what kind of talent Butler can recruit to WSU.

Go Shox!

Comment

Good luck Todd. No time to bash the new guy. Give him 3 to 4 years then decide if his hire panned out.

Comment

Working...
                              X