ADES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADES

This probably isn't the right place for this but wasn't sure where to put it.

You can have any opinion you want of ADES but the man made what I would call his first major decision today and it took some stones.

When you take the legal counsel to your meeting its usually not to discuss the legal profession.

Comment

nm
      Last edited by WstateU; June 3, 2013, 08:25 PM.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
        This probably isn't the right place for this but wasn't sure where to put it.

You can have any opinion you want of ADES but the man made what I would call his first major decision today and it took some stones.
        Clackers is more like it. Stones made of glass.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
            You are sounding pretty shrill on this. I have plenty of criticisms of ADES, but your persistent conspiracy theories about him undermining HCGS and the baseball program are pretty out there.
            Yea? Like what? Reports indicating KSU spends more on baseball than WSU. Conspiracy? Nope.
            Reports that ADES didn't give HCGS a contract extension which definitely hurt recruiting the past 2 years. Conspiracy? Nope.

What exactly GoShockers89, did ADES do for WSU baseball since he's been AD. Except to force retire or fire the most iconic coach in WSU history and one of the legends in the entire game?

A pretty big gamble by a guy that really has done nothing much of anything at anytime at anywhere.

Didn't take "stones" to do what he did.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                Sigh, here's an example.

There are others I am too lazy to unearth, but I feel this is adequately illustrative.

HCGS did not fail to win regular season conference championships against the poor sisters of the MVC for half a decade because of anything ADES did or did not do. You make some pretty absurd assumptions that are always to the detriment of ADES and to the undying praise of Gene. ADES cutting off communication? It being ADES's fault that Gene has insisted JT remain on staff?

Those qualify as "out there." We all know you hate the guy. That's fine I guess. But...shrill describes the tone nicely.
                What exactly did I write that isn't true. Other info such as that ADES allows KSU to outspend WSU in baseball.
                Why aren't you as pissed as I am regarding ADES? Is it your greater dislike of HCGS? I didn't write anything that isn't true.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    What exactly did I write that isn't true. Other info such as that ADES allows KSU to outspend WSU in baseball.
                    Why aren't you as pissed as I am regarding ADES? Is it your greater dislike of HCGS? I didn't write anything that isn't true.
                    ADES allows KSU to outspend WSU in baseball? Perhaps ADES just doesn't have the overall athletic revenue/profit to pull from. Perhaps that limited budget for baseball was hampered further by paying his head coach twice what KSU paid theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      Reports indicating KSU spends more on baseball than WSU.
                      i would venture a guess and say a significant portion of those funds come from bcs football money. now do we want to blame ADES for WSU not having a bcs football program?

either way ADES handled the HCGS situation he was going to be wrong.

Comment

Bob Lutz Survey - Sept 2012

In case you forgot, get on the Wichita Eagle Website for sports & do a search for the Bob Lutz survey (Sept 2012). One of his 20 questions there for all sports had to do with the WSU baseball program. Out of 1000 plus respondents, 87 % of them said the time for Gene to leave was near or something akin to that. 1000 plus respondents is a pretty statistically significant number. There are undoubtedly a minority of WSU baseball fans out there who feel otherwise and some of their comments are found above here, but overall, ADES had a very firm foundation for making the decision he did regarding Gene. I have been a big supporter of Gene's over the years, but I also believe it was time for a change. It's all about continuing what he started here.

Comment

I've always seen ADES as a little soft.

But to fire Mean Gene? (who has basically dared ADES to it)...

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            ADES allows KSU to outspend WSU in baseball? Perhaps ADES just doesn't have the overall athletic revenue/profit to pull from. Perhaps that limited budget for baseball was hampered further by paying his head coach twice what KSU paid theirs.
                            + Reduced revenue due to declining attendance.

+ The Big 12 conference members slice up a pretty big revenue melon every year. Far more than the MVC could ever dream about.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Maybe KSU spends more on recruiting than WSU. Maybe if Gene would accept a cut in pay to what KSU pays their coach, he could free up a couple hundred grand to increase his recruiting budget.

I might venture to guess that Gene gave some assurances about the level of recruiting and on-field results if the indoor practice facility was built. That was a huge chunk of change thrown at the baseball program that produced no results.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gene still had a list of demands for more facilities - and I do mean demands. He wants the big salary. He wants more $$ for facilities. He's not cooperative with the athletic department. He wants a bigger budget for recruiting. He's putting a product on the field that's producing rapidly dwindling revenue for the athletic department.

Sometimes you just have to take a stand and say "NO MORE!" Then Gene goes to his buddies around town and complains about how mean Sexton is to him. This isn't just because of the on-field performance.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X