Title Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Town

Can we get an accounting of all the championships that WSU student athletes have won this year?

I'll start the list:
    Men's Basketball - NCAA Regional
    Women's Basketball - conference title
    Baseball - conference tournament title
    Men's Golf
    Men's Tennis

Well, don't forget the MVC all-sports championship (again) to which almost the entire athletic department contributed

Comment

Women's track indoor
      Women's basketball conference tournament (along with conference regular season)
      78-65

Comment

Didn't women's tennis also win the MVC tournament?

Comment

K-State has had a very good year in the Big XII and should be congratulated.

As far as the Shockers go they have had a very good, if not outstanding, year as well:

Women's Volleyball - 3rd Place Regular Season - NCAA At-Large - Sweet 16
          Cross Country - Women 2nd and Men 3rd - Aliphine MVC Individual Champion & MVP and All-American with her 4th place finish in the National Championship
          Men's Basketball - 2nd Place Regular Season - NCAA At-Large - Final Four
          Women's Basketball - MVC Regular Season Co-Champs and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
          Indoor Track & Field - Women 1st and Men 2nd - Aliphine finished 3rd in the 5K at the National Meet
          Men's Golf - MVC Champs by a record margin - NCAA Regional
          Women's Golf - MVC 2nd Place
          Women's Tennis - MVC Regular Season and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
          Men's Tennis - MVC 2nd Place Regular Season and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
          Outdoor Track & Field - Both women and men finished 2nd Place - 3 Men and 2 Women have qualified for upcoming NCAA Championships including a decathlete and a heptathlete - mulitple All-American performances are possible
          Baseball - MVC 2nd place and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA Regional
          Softball - MVC 8th place. The only Shocker team not finishing in the Top 3 of the league.

All-Sports Trophy Winner - Average finish of 2.30 in 15 sports setting a new record.

WSU has had perhaps the best year overall in the history of its athletic programs. Congratulations and kudos to all Shocker athletes and coaches who have contributed to this very successful year.

Now let's do even better next year. Go Shocks.

Comment

I do not mind KSU's moment in the sun. After all, they have been dogs for a long time.

Also, I do not mind, if their sports programs continue to do well.

And I do not mind, if their fans feel good and want to brag some.

I do mind snarky comments, which are made about the Shockers, in order to justify some of their exuberance.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

This topic isn't about K-State. It's about Wichita State. A pretty impressive list indeed.

Comment

Working...
              X