X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Table

How long will this process take?

Immediately, a week, couple weeks?

I would think ADES needs to move this along as quickly as possible.

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
    How long will this process take?

Immediately, a week, couple weeks?

I would think ADES needs to move this along as quickly as possible.
    I would figure if Gene is going to be fired it will be Monday.

Comment

For the sake of recruitment and the opportunity to talk to the best potential candidates I would hope a decision is announced within a week or 2 (at least before the CWS starts).

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Fire JT, announce a HCIW as a hitting coach and give Gene a farewell season. If Gene says no fire him, end of story.
          Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

GO_, I like your proposal....

Comment

Hopefully, the moment the he steps off the team bus today. However, I would not doubt they allow him to finish his contract.
              although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Hopefully Gene is a mature and rational adult thing about the program first and steps down tomorrow.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by GO_SHOCKERS View Post
                  Fire JT, announce a HCIW as a hitting coach and give Gene a farewell season. If Gene says no fire him, end of story.
                  I've been telling folks this for about a year. LSU did just that when Skip Bertman retired and it lets these old guys go with dignity. I have a feeling his stubbornness will prevent Gene from going along, though.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by GO_SHOCKERS View Post
                    I dunno. There would be so much tension between Coach Stephenson and the future head coach, it would have a negative effect on the players' performance and future recruitment of new players.

There would be twelve months of tension, suspicion and negativity.

I dunno. It just seems like it would not work out well.

It would not be like Coach Stephenson to bow out gracefully. He is fiercely competitive and proud.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm guessing he finishes out his last season, but only because he made the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        I dunno. There would be so much tension between Coach Stephenson and the future head coach, it would have a negative effect on the players' performance and future recruitment of new players.

There would be twelve months of tension, suspicion and negativity.

I dunno. It just seems like it would not work out well.

It would not be like Coach Stephenson to bow out gracefully. He is fiercely competitive and proud.
                        I agree it would be difficult, it would only work if the HCIW was a former player like Hooper, Brummett or Standiford and it looks like Gene "hand picks them".

or

We say f*ck it, fire Gene and hire all three:
                        Hoop as head coach, Mark as the hitting coach and Greg as the pitching coach.
                        Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          I'm guessing he finishes out his last season, but only because he made the tournament.
                          I'm guessing that if Gene finishes his last season it is because WSU does not want to eat about $725,000 and they feel he can not do that much more damage. Either way, it would be a very tense and uncomfortable situation for all concerned. Given that everyone would know WSU would be forcing him out, any high road WSU takes in honoring him would be strictly for show. Best to just get it over with.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

The coach in waiting is really difficult, especially when the departing coach is a legend.

Been through that here in Tallahassee with Bobby Bowden....The HC will still want to be the man in charge rather than just ceremonial and can hinder the HCIW.

It is, as the song says, better to be cruel than be kind, pick up on one, leave the other behind....

Comment

Working...
                              X