Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably won't hear the War Chant. The dozens of K-State fans will gobble up the dozens of available seats in their small-time stadium, no it's a park, not evolved enough to be called a stadium.

I propose that if WSU and Arkansas face each other that the game be moved to Wichita, Larry Dumont Stadium or to the Eck. The K-State Athletic Department can still come down to pick up the trash and wash dishes afterwards.

Comment

This is WSU or Arkansas' regional to win...I know nothing about Bryant, but who knows. KSU has zero experience when it comes to winning a regional and believe it or not that is going to have a lot to do with who wins and who loses. I'm not even sure if KSU has ever won a game in the post season period.

What KSU does have going for them is this weekend could be Brad Hill's opportunity to show the WSU higher ups that he has what it takes to run a program like ours, with real facilities fanbase and money for that matter. I imagine he only makes a fraction of what Gene's making.

Recently I've been hearing KSU fans talk about all their "football money". That's odd because every listing of profitable football programs I've ever seen have NEVER had KSU listed...and I guarentee you Bill Snyder isn't sharing whatever football money he might have with the other programs at KSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        You might want to reevaluate - Arkansas staff gives up very little runs whether earned or unearned. If you want to bag on them you might look to their hitting not their pitching/fielding. When you have a team only giving up 2.8 runs per game (earned/unearned) - that is impressive.

Bryant -Only played 8 games against Top 100 and 1-7 and gave up an average of a little over 6 runs per game is kind of warning sign.
        I'm guessing that Arthur's school will find their regional competition somewhat tougher than what they faced most of the season, although their top two pitchers look to be of a caliber that could set up a losers' bracket matchup between K-State and Arkansas.

But I'm skeptical of Arkansas on defense until proven otherwise. As I said, 30+% unearned runs is unbelievably high. Obviously, the most important part of defense is pitching, and if the official stats on their website are correct, as I assume they are (154 opp runs in 57 games) the Hogs are actually giving up just 2.7 (!) per game. That's impressive indeed. But if they were giving away unearned runs in the same proportion WSU does (and WSU is good defensively, but not extraordinary, most because of inconsistency) they'd be giving up 2.2 (!!) per game. Now that would be really impressive -- plus, now and then, that extra half a run per game is going to add up to a whole run and may be costly.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
          This is WSU or Arkansas' regional to win...I know nothing about Bryant, but who knows. KSU has zero experience when it comes to winning a regional and believe it or not that is going to have a lot to do with who wins and who loses. I'm not even sure if KSU has ever won a game in the post season period.
          K-State won at least a game in the 2011 Regional in Fayetteville and they were the last team left with Rice in the Houston Regional of 2009.

I love how you arbitrarily dismiss K-State in this regional because of their lack of experience winning regionals yet you include Wichita State as a team that can win it and they have nobody on the roster that has ever even played in an NCAA Regional. Those are just facts and I am a lover of numbers, raw data, and yes facts. I can tolerate a blind homer argument. Heck WSU could win this thing. But I can't wrap my mind around warped logic. The experience factor would actually favor the BatCats.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
            K-State won at least a game in the 2011 Regional in Fayetteville and they were the last team left with Rice in the Houston Regional of 2009.

I love how you arbitrarily dismiss K-State in this regional because of their lack of experience winning regionals yet you include Wichita State as a team that can win it and they have nobody on the roster that has ever even played in an NCAA Regional. Those are just facts and I am a lover of numbers, raw data, and yes facts. I can tolerate a blind homer argument. Heck WSU could win this thing. But I can't wrap my mind around warped logic. The experience factor would actually favor the BatCats.
            This regional will be either won by wsu or Arkansas. Why - because both these teams have good pitching is better than KSU. Pitching wins championships.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post

What KSU does have going for them is this weekend could be Brad Hill's opportunity to show the WSU higher ups that he has what it takes to run a program like ours, with real facilities fanbase and money for that matter. I imagine he only makes a fraction of what Gene's making.

Recently I've been hearing KSU fans talk about all their "football money". That's odd because every listing of profitable football programs I've ever seen have NEVER had KSU listed...and I guarentee you Bill Snyder isn't sharing whatever football money he might have with the other programs at KSU.
              This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read. WSU has nobody on their roster who has played in a regional and KSU does, yet WSU is more experienced. And the thought of Brad Hill leaving KSU for a mid major like WSU is beyond hysterical. The WSU job is way below the KSU job right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                This regional will be either won by wsu or Arkansas. Why - because both these teams have good pitching is better than KSU. Pitching wins championships.
                It's going to come down to KSU and Arkansas. Both are top 15 teams and KSU is very good at home. WSU isn't even in the same tier as KSU and Arkansas. You barely made the tournament.

Comment

Another noob who's attended a couple of games in his career and will scream at the ref to throw a flag this weekend. Keep your **** covered boots off my seat noob or I'll pull your government grant to study the effects of how your ass plowing of sheep effects soil erosion.

You're right about one thing....your program ISN'T in the same league as ours. And you better hope we don't come after your coach, because if we want him, he's ours. We'll double his salary faster than you can say Octagon of Gloom. And he'll bolt that shithole of a town so fast you won't have time to blame Ron Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by KSUcatfan View Post
                    It's going to come down to KSU and Arkansas. Both are top 15 teams and KSU is very good at home. WSU isn't even in the same tier as KSU and Arkansas. You barely made the tournament.
                    Put down the everclear and purple kool-aid. If u new anything about baseball u would know that all it takes is one guy on the bump to shut a team down. Say what u want about wsu but they will be able to run that one guy out there against KSU in Elam.

2nd - this is the year of the SHOCKER, u can't beat destiny. Plus this is KSU we are talking about. Pretenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUcatfan View Post
                      the thought of Brad Hill leaving KSU for a mid major like WSU is beyond hysterical. The WSU job is way below the KSU job right now.
                      Slow down little brother. Our salary and attendance are still literally 200+% of yours. You're still a bug on the windshield of national college baseball.

Comment

... And the thought of Brad Hill leaving KSU for a mid major like WSU is beyond hysterical. The WSU job is way below the KSU job right now.
                        I know it is beyond hysterical. I mean KSU is sooo much better than WSU. Just look sense 2004 when Brad Hill has taken over KSU's job he has taken them to 4 NCAA tourneys and 0 Super Regionals. What has Gene done in that time? 7 NCAA Tourneys and 2 Super Regionals, hosting 1 of the Super Regionals.

Comment

• Does KSU have any fans who aren't total assholes?

The Arkansas visitors on here have been good guys and gals who know their team and college baseball. It would be nice if we could find one Powercat informed enough to even venture a guess who will start their biggest game in program history on Friday.

Comment

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read. WSU has nobody on their roster who has played in a regional and KSU does, yet WSU is more experienced. And the thought of Brad Hill leaving KSU for a mid major like WSU is beyond hysterical. The WSU job is way below the KSU job right now.
                            This post demonstrates the typical bandwagon KSU fan. Do you really think WSU is considered a mid major in facilities based on coaching salary, facilities, fan support, history and tradition (28 regionals and counting)?

No wonder KU fans can't stand you either. You guys are just complete ignorant tool bags. You probably couldn't name a player on your team.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              This post demonstrates the typical bandwagon KSU fan. Do you really think WSU is considered a mid major in facilities based on coaching salary, facilities, fan support, history and tradition (28 regionals and counting)?

No wonder KU fans can't stand you either. You guys are just complete ignorant tool bags. You probably couldn't name a player on your team.
                              FIRST DOWN!

Comment

EMAWMOOO Nation has represented themselves nicely here. You guys should feel proud with your vast array of knowledge and intelligence.

What a fanbase full of bandie nubs. Embarrassing.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X