No announcement yet.

KSTATER here with a few questions on how regionals work since you've been there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSTATER here with a few questions on how regionals work since you've been there

Obviously WSU has a rich BB tradition and KSU is new to post season baseball, this being our 4 th regional and first time to host. So, this IS our first rodeo. Several questions on tickets. Our stadium seats about 3600 (that's what we had for the last series vs Okla when fans were turned away). We are adding some bleachers along the left field side line to increase seating for the regional to perhaps 4200-4500. Our fans would buy all those if available, which of course they won't be.Does each team get an allotment of tickets, does the host team get the majority of seats and then decides how to allocate those to their own fans? Are there single game tickets, one day passes, all session passes? Any insights would be appreciated. I wish we had your stadium. This recent success for KSU may be a catalyst for stadium upgrades.
    PS: Thanks for providing many KSU fans a second team to cheer for during the basketball tourney. Your team is a blast to watch. Thanks

Didn't know the site locations had been announced. Congrats! I hope WSU is playing close to home!

Comment

It seems like that all tickets sales would go through the host (in your hopeful case, K-State). Each of the other three teams would get an allotment of tickets for players' guests, administrators, etc., but I seem to remember that when WSU had to travel to a regional (OU in '06 and '09, OSU in '08), fans had been instructed to just contact the host ticket office. When WSU hosted in '07, we sold all-session tickets first, and then sold single-game tickets later in the week. For the super-regional versus Irvine in '07, all tickets were sold out as all-session tickets, rendering single-game tickets moot. In all session ticket, each game is a session, which makes sense as there is usually plenty of separation between games (Games at 1:00 and 7:00 on Friday through Sunday, second championship game on Monday at 7:00 if needed).
      78-65

Comment

Working...
      X