No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Illinois State, MVC Tournament CHAMPIONSHIP Game Thread 7:07 CST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looking a little deeper, the only midwestern team ranked in the Top 16 of the RPI is Indiana. There isn't a regional team close to us. K-State is sitting at 18 right now, but won't be playing in the Big XII title game tomorrow. You'd figure with the NCAA liking to mix it around a little, that K-State would be a host, with no one else in the region close. I have no clue if IU even has the facilities capable of hosting. OSU could theoretically host as a 2 seed if it comes down to it. It has happened before.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• And for a look at the sour grapes end of the spectrum:

It's not a rivalry Redturd fans when you get OWNED in everything you compete in us with. The Kung Fu Karma is really taking its toll, isn't it? Next time an ISU player has the thinking of to kick or not to kick, I hope they know which choice to make.

Really funny seeing the bitching about the format after it was changed to help favor the stragglers of the conference not named WSU only to turn back on them.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Just looking a little deeper, the only midwestern team ranked in the Top 16 of the RPI is Indiana. There isn't a regional team close to us. K-State is sitting at 18 right now, but won't be playing in the Big XII title game tomorrow. You'd figure with the NCAA liking to mix it around a little, that K-State would be a host, with no one else in the region close. I have no clue if IU even has the facilities capable of hosting. OSU could theoretically host as a 2 seed if it comes down to it. It has happened before.
        Please, PLEASE oh NCAA gods, send this team to Bloomington, Indiana.

Comment

• Yes, Bloomington would be great! Louisville would be better!

Comment

And for a look at the sour grapes end of the spectrum:

It's not a rivalry Redturd fans when you get OWNED in everything you compete in us with. The Kung Fu Karma is really taking its toll, isn't it? Next time an ISU player has the thinking of to kick or not to kick, I hope they know which choice to make.

Really funny seeing the bitching about the format after it was changed to help favor the stragglers of the conference not named WSU only to turn back on them.
            Thanks for posting this, talk about a bunch of whiners. Ill st is starting to become our *****
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• The Normal view.

The elusive box score.

The Official Website of the NCAA and part of the Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network. The most comprehensive coverage of NCAA Athletics on the web.

Am I being a nag?

The game story is on page 6 of the sports section in today's edition of the Eagle. I believe it should be on page 1.

Did the game finish so late that the Eagle was handcuffed in its placement of the story in the sports section?

Just wondering.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                The Normal view.

The elusive box score.

The Official Website of the NCAA and part of the Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network. The most comprehensive coverage of NCAA Athletics on the web.

Am I being a nag?

The game story is on page 6 of the sports section in today's edition of the Eagle. I believe it should be on page 1.

Did the game finish so late that the Eagle was handcuffed in its placement of the story in the sports section?

Just wondering.
                The headline, start of the story and picture took up half a page on my page 1.

Comment

Continue the ownership of Illinois State athletics in this game. Kung Fu Carmichael Karma still present.

#PLAYANGRY
                  FTW.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• A couple of nuggets from Redbirdfan.net

The third winningest coach of all time is what?

"Am I the only one who thinks their antics in the dugout are a little over the top?"

"Not if you want to portray yourself as a 12-year old girls softball team.

Bush league...just like their punk coach."

This one was kind of funny:
                    "Nothing against redheads, but I'm tired of bein' the stepchild to the cocky Shockers.

Is it too late for the Shockers to turn into a Catholic school?"

And the best for last:

"Just wish we could stop playing WSU's jilted bridesmaid time and again. Guess we'll have to wait til MBB to get another shot at them."
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• The Normal view.

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/col...a4bcf887a.html

The elusive box score.

http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-baseball-scoreboard

Am I being a nag?

Just wondering.
                      I live in the semi-country, so maybe I get the early edition.

Thanks.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        Thanks for posting this, talk about a bunch of whiners. Ill st is starting to become our *****
                        Starting to become? Those turds are our b****es, and we're their daddies. Punked em in the men's basketball semifinals, beat em in the women's basketball final, crushed their hearts on their home field in the baseball final. Not to mention the regular season domination of them in those sports.

Suck it, Redturds.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                          A couple of nuggets from Redbirdfan.net

"Am I the only one who thinks their antics in the dugout are a little over the top?"

"Nothing against redheads, but I'm tired of bein' the stepchild to the cocky Shockers.

And the best for last:

"Just wish we could stop playing WSU's jilted bridesmaid time and again. Guess we'll have to wait til MBB to get another shot at them."
                          Pretty sure our dugout has never been that lively, until yesterday. It was a nice chance to see a little fire in the bunch. After all, they were only playing for an NCAA Regional berth on their opponent's home field. Perhaps if Illinois State played with a little more fire and heart, maybe they would be the ones eagerly awaiting their regional assignments? If you wanna shut the boys up, they could have did so by scoring runs, leading in the game, etc, but they didn't.

Just more :cry: from the sore loser camp. It's a trademark of the Illinois State fanbase now.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                            A couple of nuggets from Redbirdfan.net

And the best for last:

Really. They think they have a shot at us in MBB? Like HCGM said prior to the game in St Louis against the birds..."This is the match up they wanted but its NOT really what they want.

Comment

• That was a great string of 5 wins and I loved seeing the fire in the dugout during the championship game! It is a fantastic day to be a Shocker!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Mine too. I loved the picture, headline and story.

Comment

Working...
                                X