Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Bless Don and Shirley Beggs.

Comment

• Not sure how they did that -- or maybe I should say, I'm not sure why they haven't been doing more of this all along; they're obviously capable of it -- but nice job to finish with a very timely 5-game roll.

On to wherever, with a pitching rotation that is going to make some higher seeds a little nervous.

Comment

• Congrats to this team!! Hope they can catch fire and give Gene one last good run. Love seeing Don and Shirley!!

Comment

• Where has this energy been for the past 5 years?

Comment

• They played some amazing D tonight (and in the series) - good win.

Comment

• Gonna be nice listening/seeing Shocker baseball in the month of June for the first time in what seems like an eternity.

Stillwater anybody, maybe Manhattan?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• either Stillwater or Manhattan would be great!

Comment

• Karma raining down on ISU.....ISU v WSU on Cox 266 at midnight tonight, MVC semis replay.

Comment

• And the Year of the Shockers continues.

Coming back to win 5 in a row in 4 days after dropping Game 1 is very impressive although tonight probabloy should have been about 9-2 instead of 10-2. Congrats to the Shocks and to Gene, Brent and JT.

A very nice team effort with some outstanding pitching, decent hitting and terrifric defense.

Enjoy the trip home guys.

Comment

• Great win, great week and great year to be a Shocker!!!

I'm sorry but in a "what have you done for me lately world", to me this makes ADES' job very uneviable. I will support all of you that questioned Gene's production the last few years but now we are trending in the right direction again with a pretty decent looking team next year. Renegotiate contracts? YES, Infuse some younger blood in the coaching staff? YES, Head coaching change? I don't see how... 3 NCAA appearances in the last 6 years, 2 Super Regionals (keep in mind in 2010 we won the MVC regular season but didn't make the NCAA). I think we are overpaying, but I can't say the results are unacceptable. If we go 2 more years without a regional I am there, but I would assume we will be favored to win the conference next year and what if we make another NCAA appearance? We are going to part ways with a legend of the game after back to back NCAAs? I know you can argue the other side too but to me ADES is in a lose/lose situation...
                      Last edited by shockfan89_; May 25, 2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• I don't think OSU is going to host with a 52 RPI and finishing 0-3 in the Big12 tourney. In fact, they are closer to bubble than host at this point.

KState has a good chance to host...and that would be fantastic for this crew.

Comment

• Congrats to the players and coaching staff. Also, kudos to those fans that made the Normal trip to support the team and program.
                          Congratulations. YOU DESERVE this!!! Very happy for you.

Comment

• Fayetteville anyone ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Karma raining down on ISU.....ISU v WSU on Cox 266 at midnight tonight, MVC semis replay.
                              That made me lol just a little.

I think I'll make that my tv viewing finale for tonight, continuing with the WSU owning Illinois State athletics tradition.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                I don't think OSU is going to host with a 52 RPI and finishing 0-3 in the Big12 tourney. In fact, they are closer to bubble than host at this point.

KState has a good chance to host...and that would be fantastic for this crew.
                                Wow, didn't realize OSU had that terrible of numbers. They're still ranked as high as 12 in one of the polls. I figured they were a shoe-in. Maybe not..
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X