WSU vs. Illinois State, MVC Tournament CHAMPIONSHIP Game Thread 7:07 CST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. Illinois State, MVC Tournament CHAMPIONSHIP Game Thread 7:07 CST

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:34 AM.

Rain, please.

Comment

Continue the ownership of Illinois State athletics in this game. Kung Fu Carmichael Karma still present.

#PLAYANGRY
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well since about, oh I don't know, 3 games into the season, getting to and winning tomorrows game is all that mattered.

Glad to be able to watch a shocker baseball game that has some weight to it. The last few days have really been enjoyable.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I hope the game does not get rained out. While on first thought you migth think that would favor the Shocks who are much thinner with pitching at this point than the Redbirds, if the game is delayed a day ILS will have both Razo and Savas available.

I would love for Cale to go deep enough into the game tomorrow for pitch count would become an issue for him.

In any case the Shocks have their work cut out for them. After the Redbirds lost 2 of 3 to the Shocks in Wichita at the end of March the Redbirds lost a mid-week game at Eastern Illinois by a 20-2 score. That must have been a wake up call for the Redbirds because since that time they are 27-4 and are currently on an 8-game winning streak.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 24, 2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I would say if you are an Illinois State Redbird you probably should be feeling very good about things except for one very big thing -- This is the Year of the Shockers!

Comment

Any tv? They said at the end of the broadcast today that the ESPN3 broadcast would be blacked out in Kansas.

Comment

Just found it listed on channels 668 and 669 on direct tv. Hopefully, I will actually get one of those channels.

Comment

What channels on Cox?

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

We haven't had much luck with the ace pitcher coming back on 3 days rest in the past.Jordan Cooper got hammered and Charlie Lowell was just OK in '11.Elam Didnt have a huge pitch count on Tuesday so maybe that will help us out.I have no doubt that the Redbirds will use Savis as the first one in from the Pen.Their bullpen rarely gets used.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          What channels on Cox?
                          Should be on channels 34 and 2034 on COX in Wichita and Topeka.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                            It sure would be nice to get guys like Johnny and T.J. a chance to play in a regional before they graduate.
                            A fairly remarkable observation when you think about it -- considering how quickly WSU became a tournament regular at the beginning of Gene's career, has any four-year Shocker player during the Stephenson era EVER not had a chance to play in a regional, except possibly due to injury? I doubt it. Sorry to give the complainers ammo, but how can even we sunshine pumpers not find that somewhat telling?

Comment

I know it's hind sight, but with a 12-0 lead, if Brummett doesn't throw those 38 pitches in the bottom of the 5th, would he have been available for an inning or two?

Comment

Working...
                              X