WSU vs. ISUb, REMATCH at 12:30 CST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. ISUb, REMATCH at 12:30 CST

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:25 AM.

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
    Let's go Johnny Wholestaff.
    Indeed -- what other choice is there?

For InSt, it's a bit different: their obvious choice if available is Manaea, who also is their best. But if he can't go, they have two others who have started a number of games: Peterson, who has made nine starts and not been very good, and Fehringer, who's been somewhat better in eight starts but has only gone 42.2 innings all season while allowing 1.5 runners/IP. But both are righthanded, so would they chance it with Negele, their emergency Tuesday starter and fill-in for Manaea, who would be on two days rest after going 5.1 innings (not that his coach necessarily minds that) but is a lefty?
    Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 24, 2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

@Cdizzle: said yesteday that Palmer is out for the year.

I would go with Mateychick with Aaron LaBrie ready to go behind him. Minnis is probably available but pitched 4 innings behind Elam in the loss to SIU on Tuesday. It would be nice if we could save Minnis for tomorrow. If need be we can also use T.J. McGreevey today to get us to Brandon Peterson late. So I'm going with Mateychick, LaBrie, McGreevey (if needed) and Peterson to close. That gives us a righty-lefty-righty look.

Weather looks good for today, but the Saturday night championship game looks iffy. Maybe we will get another day of rest.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          @Cdizzle: said yesteday that Palmer is out for the year.
          Source: "Drew Palmer, who started three MVC games, is out of for the season with an unspecified injury, Stephenson said."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/05/09/279...#storylink=cpy

My guess is your scenario is the one we will see. We need to get some runs early.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Whoever it is will have a microleash on the mound.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                Hopefully Tobin's found some control recently. I've always thought his stuff is pretty good, he's just never been able to locate worth a damn.
                Yes, he can be good when he is on and bad when he's not. He would have to be on a pretty short leash. If he gets into trouble early you could bring in McGreevey and hopefully get 3 innings out of him then turn it over to LaBrie to get us to Peterson.

I suppose they might decide to go with lefty Fr. Austin Sanders since Kris was so successful against Indiana State. Personally, I like to change up the look an opponent sees.

Mateychick pitched a strong 2.2 scoreless, hitless innings against KU on May 7th but he was not sharp a week later against Okie State. I think those were his last two outings.

I'm not sure the coaching staff's confidence in Mateychick is real high so we may very well see Austin Sanders.

We just need 3 solid innings from whoever starts and then we can turn it over to the the bullpen.

Comment

Looks like there will finally be some sunshine for this tournament. It is only 47 degrees right now but it is suppose to warm up to 66 today. The forecast says 0% chance for rain. GO SHOX!

Comment

It's Minnis according to the Shocker baseball twitter account.

Comment

Negele, the lefty who opened the tournament for the Syc's, will throw for them.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Keep the bats hot boys ...
                          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

No surprise about Negele for the Trees; he's been good once, and he's a lefty whose stats suggest that he doesn't throw all that hard and pitches to contact -- WSU's nemesis. Can the Shocker hitters take their brains to the plate today along with their bats?

Comment

Did I hear Kennedy correctly that McGreevey was the 1st choice but they found out he had some soreness in his arm?

Edit: Confirmed by Gene in his pre-game comments. Shoulder stiffness for McGreevey.

Comment

Working...
                              X