Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockers lose 3-1 to CU in game 2.

Comment

The baseball team sure does not Play Angry.
      A conference title on the line and they lose the series to CU at Wichita for the first time since 2003.
      For all I stick up for Gene, sometimes it's just downright painful.

Comment

Cu had not won a series in wichita since 2003 - until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          The baseball team sure does not Play Angry.
          But I watch angry!

Comment

With the 2 losses against Cu, WSU drops to 0-12 against the rpi top 50. Cu with a 3-3 record against the top 50 and a rpi of 45 could actually have an outside shot of an at large bid if they finish strong. A sweep of MoST next week along with a good showing in the Valley tourney might be enough to get them an at large bid. They are the only Valley team with any hope at all of getting an at large bid.

Comment

Oh boy

Comment

A couple of positives from today.

1. This type of play will make the discussions about and the actual retirement of Gene much less contentious. Clearly it is time for a change in direction.

2. Gene will not have to overtax himself filling out his lineup card. It really doesn't seem to make any difference where you plug anyone in the lineup. They all seem to be pretty interchangeable.

BTW, Illinois State squeezed by Evansville today 17-3 to take control of the Valley race.

Shocks still need a win over Creighton tomorrow to clinch 2nd place. I guess there is always a glimmer of hope.

Comment

@kcshocker11: had this quote buried in the Daily Wit and Wisdom of the Politics Forum, so I'm not certain how many saw it there and thought this was as good as time as any to bring it into this thread.

“I've always felt WSU was the premier university in the Missouri Valley Conference. We have the best community. We have the best overall facilities. We should be ranked, in all sports, at the top of our league.”
                  Gene Stephenson

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    @kcshocker11: had this quote buried in the Daily Wit and Wisdom of the Politics Forum, so I'm not certain how many saw it there and thought this was as good as time as any to bring it into this thread.

“I've always felt WSU was the premier university in the Missouri Valley Conference. We have the best community. We have the best overall facilities. We should be ranked, in all sports, at the top of our league.”
                    Gene Stephenson
                    One word: ouch.

Comment

Of all teams to lose a Valley series against, it has to be sCUm with a Valley title on the line.

This just about completely negates the good generated by the MSU sweep last weekend. Maybe the boys thought they were invincible again. It might be better for them to go into the Valley Tournament not being on top.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hope Casey G. can break out of his slump his batting average has now dropped below .300 (.299).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                          With the 2 losses against Cu, WSU drops to 0-12 against the rpi top 50. Cu with a 3-3 record against the top 50 and a rpi of 45 could actually have an outside shot of an at large bid if they finish strong. A sweep of MoST next week along with a good showing in the Valley tourney might be enough to get them an at large bid. They are the only Valley team with any hope at all of getting an at large bid.
                          Actually Cu's at large chances may be a little better than I thought. IF Cu were to win all of their remaining 5 games, Boyd Nations needs assessment puts them in the top 32 of the rpi. IF they swept they would also improve their record against the top 50 to 4-3. Their chances of going 5-0 in their last games has to be pretty small, but if they do they would be in very solid shape for an at large bid.

Comment

Good Start to the game today. Garrett Brummett gets the Shox to the bottom of the first with the score still 0-0.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              Good Start to the game today. Garrett Brummett gets the Shox to the bottom of the first with the score still 0-0.
                              It is sad when we all feel good about them not giving up a run in the first. It should be expected. This season needs to be over soon.

Comment

Tyler Baker walks and steals second in the first, but Casey flies out to end the inning. Still tied at 0 going to the 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                                X