Shox vs Jayhawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs Jayhawks

Despite kicking the ball around the yard we are still tied at zeros.

Impressed with the composure of Brummett despite the error.

Comment

KU has won series against OSU, Texas, TCU and Texas Tech all 2 to 1 and lost the series to OU 2-1.

They were inexplicably swept at West Virginia.

There's now 2 out in the bottom of the 10th and it's 0-0.

On to the 11th we go.

Brandon Peterson's change buckles knees.

Comment

It's been fun listening to the Shox on defense. When batting, not so much.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Games like these make me hate the bbcore bats.I think college baseball has adjusted too far towards the pitcher.

Comment

Shox need to turn a triple play here to avoid the moral victory.

Comment

KU 1 Moral Victory 0. In 11.

Comment

I thought both Minnis and Brummett pitched really well tonight. Especially Minnis. He was just toying with those batters out there.

Comment

Yawnnnn.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So the play of the game was Tyler Baker scooping up a squirrel in his batting helmet.....well that was a little unusual and he did quite skillfully.

Comment

If we get swept by the in-state phucks, that'll be the final nail in the coffin in my book. I can barely stand another sub-par year, having been swept by those whose name shall not be spoken puts me over the edge. Just a complete joke.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        I thought both Minnis and Brummett pitched really well tonight. Especially Minnis. He was just toying with those batters out there.
                        FWIW, I thought the game was called pretty unfairly for the hitters. No favoritism for either team, just bad. Tom Svela was calling everything from the shoetops to the shoulders and between the lines of the batters boxes strikes. The strike zone was HUGE. That man cannot make a fair and legitimate call on breaking balls. Period. The hitters had very little chance to do anything while defending a massive strike zone. While the pitching was pretty good, they certainly took advantage of liberal calls.

After the game ended, I switched over and watched the Royals dispatch the Rays. The strike zone difference was like the difference between a billboard and a postage stamp.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

It is not uncommon at all for the home plate umpire's strike zone to dictate the type of game you have, and this is amplified in the college game where the quality of umping varies greatly. I like a fair strike zone where a strike is a strike and ball is ball. I hate the guys with huge zones and hate the guys with postage stamp strike zones.

I don't mind an ump giving the pitcher one side of the plate just as long as he is consistent and the hitters have at least a chance to adjust to what's being called.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            It is not uncommon at all for the home plate umpire's strike zone to dictate the type of game you have, and this is amplified in the college game where the quality of umping varies greatly. I like a fair strike zone where a strike is a strike and ball is ball. I hate the guys with huge zones and hate the guys with postage stamp strike zones.

I don't mind an ump giving the pitcher one side of the plate just as long as he is consistent and the hitters have at least a chance to adjust to what's being called.
                            I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not sure anyone had a bat long enough to cover the whole strike zone last night. :)

I would like to see the college game tighten up the strike zone some. The bats are so dumbed-down that all the advantage seems to have swung to the pitchers. It is darn hard for these kids to square up a ball on the new bats and get really ringing hits. A 0-0 tie into the 11th inning vs. mid-week starters really isn't what most folks want to watch.

--'85.
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

And the most exciting baseball highlight of the season for your pleasure from the game last night.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Working...
                              X