Shox @ SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Opponents continue to walk Casey Gillaspie and the Shockers continue to let them get away with it.
    Am I the only one that thinks Casey needs to get a little more aggressive? I know we need baserunners, but with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, I'd like to see Casey taking a hack at anything close. Getting walked and leaving it up to the guys behind him hasn't worked all season.

Comment

8th inning. Pinch hitter. Watches fastballs go by and strikes out. Have some of these guys ever played baseball before?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Am I the only one that thinks Casey needs to get a little more aggressive? I know we need baserunners, but with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, I'd like to see Casey taking a hack at anything close. Getting walked and leaving it up to the guys behind him hasn't worked all season.
        Like that, Casey! 3-1 count, runner on 2nd, 2 outs, singles in the runner. Shox close to 5-3. Coy up.

Comment

I'm surprised (but glad) SIU pitched to Casey after Harbutz stole second. Thought for sure they would pitch around him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I'm surprised (but glad) SIU pitched to Casey after Harbutz stole second. Thought for sure they would pitch around him.
            I'm with you. Conventional wisdom says not to let the tying run come to the plate though.

Comment

No I don't think Casey should be hacking at bad pitches when teams are pitching around him. Not likely to ve very successful and could get Casey into a bad habit that hurts him overall.

Comment

JT just gave Micah some advice before he hits.He gets out for sure now.

Comment

I stand corrected.And I'm glad to be.

Comment

I'm with you. Conventional wisdom says not to let the tying run come to the plate though.
                    Yes, that is the case. Either way the Shocks have something going here. Need one more clutch hit.

Comment

Coy singled. Green doubled in Doggett(running for Gillaspie). 2nd & 3rd 2-out for Baker. Baker flies out.

5-4 Mid 8

Comment

How about a wild pitch here?

Comment

Am I dead wrong in thinking that, down 2, Gene should have pinch run for Coy?

It's not like any stiff can't play 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I think with him on 1st it was a 50/50 call.

Comment

Last chance for the Shocks.

Bottom of the order up. Shawn Moore pinch hitting for Dayne Parker to lead off.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I was thinking the same thing but Mike said he didn't think anyone would have scored from 1st on that particular hit by Micah. I think Mucha was already in the game and not avalaible to run.

Comment

Working...
                                X