Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The count down is on.

Just 26 more days until opening day.
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Wouldn't it be great if we would have this 60 degree weather on opening day!

Comment

But not today's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
        But not today's crap.
        isnt kansas weather great lol
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I guess I have a little problem with polls that rate us a 10 and another that rate us a 20. Ten difference seems too much to me, and would bring me to question how they rate to begin with?

I can see up to a 5-6 difference between polls, but that is a max for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            I guess I have a little problem with polls that rate us a 10 and another that rate us a 20. Ten difference seems too much to me, and would bring me to question how they rate to begin with?

That's just how it is in college baseball. Plus polls rate on different things. Baseball America typically gives more weight to teams with a lot of pro prospects, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
              Originally posted by Snapshot9

That's just how it is in college baseball. Plus polls rate on different things. Baseball America typically gives more weight to teams with a lot of pro prospects, for example.
              What Charlie said AND some of the polls aren't really polls at all, they're rankings. They don't poll squat - it is some guy sitting in his office (probably at home), pouring over rosters and stat sheets and spewing wisdom.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Practice starts tomorrow. Can't wait for the season to start :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                  Practice starts tomorrow. Can't wait for the season to start :clap:
                  That indoor practice facility would be nice to have right about now. Unfortuantely, we are still only about half-way to the funding goal for Phase 1.

Maybe this team can make it to the CWS and generate enough excitement to get Shocker fans to open up the wallets and get behind the new facility in greater numbers.

Comment

Just two Fridays without SHOCKER BASEBALL
                    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

I will definatly be there opening day.

Comment

You have to take preseason polls with a grain of salt. My Arizona Wildcats are ranked from #1 to #19. So what does that mean? Absolutely nothing. The game is decided on the feild. They should be a darn good team. That's about all that can be said at this point.

Comment

Season ticket packages arrived in the mail on Saturday.

I'm juiced.

Loved the article about team unity in Sunday's Eagle. I know there were some player(s) who didn't fit in well last year and are now gone. It was interesting to see Hill and Dirks as spokesmen for the senior class and I hope those guys, plus Musgrave and TWeb can keep this team clicking. If so, this oculd be a special season.

--'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Sixteen days until opening day. I just ordered season tickets for my niece I hope to get them soon. I've had mine for years. Now she will have her's. YEA

Comment

14 days (2 weeks)

Comment

Working...
                              X