Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Falcons Game 1

Not that anyone knows or cares.......

A not so good Air Force team is in town for games tonight and tomorrow afternoon.

The Falcons parlayed a 10 pitch walk, a wild pitch, an infield single (their only hit of the game so far) and a sac fly in the 4th for the only run of the game so far.

The Shocks have 2 hits, and have actually thrown out a base stealer, believe it or not.

Oh yeah, surprisingly enough, both hits so far are singles. I'm sure they were sharply hit though.

The Shockers had bases loaded and one out, and pitch hit Moore and Doggett, who both struck out. 1-1 going to the fifth.

Comment

Good gravy....bottom 4, Gallespie doubles followed by 3 walks. 1-1 bases juiced. Air Force goes to the pen.

Gene pinch hits (bottom of the 4th mind you) Moore for Mucha. Moore never takes the bat off his shoulder.....K. 2 outs.

Then Doggett pinch hits for Haddox, and strikes out, but at least swung at it.

Inning over.

A.J. out after 4, and Brandon Peterson is in. 1-1 in the 5th.

Shocks have struck out 8 times so far.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Shocks have struck out 8 times so far.
        Soft tossing lefty by chance?

Comment

When I saw the title, I thought maybe they were playing Heights.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

2-1 AFA after a score on an error by Parker. Falcons still have just 1 hit.

ETA: Shockers have struck out 12 times through just six and a third at the plate.
            Last edited by Guest; March 26, 2013, 08:24 PM. Reason: Prowess at the plate

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              When I saw the title, I thought maybe they were playing Heights.
              We'd be down a lot more than one run.

Comment

Johnny Coy comes through with a big 1-out solo homer in the bottom of the 8th to tie the game at 2 followed by a Eric Harbutz walk and a Micah Green single to put runners at 1st and 2nd with 1-out.

Parker Zimmerman pinch hit for Taylor Doggett but struck out looking for the 2nd out leaving it up to Tanner Dearman.

Tanner delivered the go ahead run with single through the left side to put the Shocks up 3-2 heading to the 9th.

Albert Minnis closed out the game giving up only a 2-out walk in the 9th.

Thank goodness. What kind of state of mind would the pitching staff be if they had lost a one-hitter. Ladwing (4), Peterson (3) and Minnis (2) combining on the one hitter (an infield single in the 4th off of Ladwig).

Comment

Good guys tie it in the 8th on a Johnny Coy homer, then go ahead 3-2 on a 2 out Dearman single.

Minnis finishes them off in the 9th. 3-2 win for WSU.

Comment

Despite the win the pitching staff must be feeling like they almost have to pitch shut-outs to win.

Comment

Gene is making $38k a win so far. Let's see what that number settles at.

I really do hope Johnny keeps it going. I want him to have a great senior year.
                      Last edited by shoxlax; March 26, 2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        I really do hope Johnny keeps it going. I want him to have a great senior year.
                        Absolutely.

Comment

Why does a win like this almost feel like a loss?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Anyone know why we may play a double header on Saturday?Something with Illinois State?

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                              Anyone know why we may play a double header on Saturday?Something with Illinois State?
                              idk, but could it be to provide each team with another game to make up for ones that have gotten weather out?

Comment

Working...
                              X