No announcement yet.

Feel bad for Stephenson and the players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great days for Shockers sports... except for the one sport we are 'supposed' to excel at. What a mess this baseball team is. Lose 3 of 4 to Hawaii? let Marshall coach baseball as well. :)

Comment

Well, maybe after Marshall retires from coaching basketball, he can become athletic directory and get the baseball situation all ironed out. Of course, it might be too late by then.

Comment

I'm not sure that anyone is going to want to come to Wichita State to play baseball at this point. The longer we let this mess continue the harder it is going to be to dig out of the hole.

BTW, there is no way anyone should feel bad for GS and the coaching staff.
        although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

I don't know if one thing has anything to do with the other, but our baseball program started it's decline the day that Scooter Hibbs left the staff.
          Hibbs was a teacher of the game. Arrogance and a foul mouth is not what it takes to make kids develop their skills and turn them into winners at the college level.

Comment

Very torn today.

Watching the team and remembering meeting the team after the '89 Series. I was my sons age. He doesnt remember Shocker baseball being elite. He doesnt even remember us being very good.

Comment

Anyone have the feeling that Gene is going to experience the same thing say ol' Bruce Weber did when he was coaching the Illini last year? His team gave up on him and packed it in. Then ole Brucy got shown the front door thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]667[/ATTACH]
                Wow...so the only people attending games this year are the season ticket holders? Absolute apathy among the general public for this program.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  WOW
                  Took the words out of my mouth.

I didn't realize it was THAT bad. WOW.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                    Wow...so the only people attending games this year are the season ticket holders? Absolute apathy among the general public for this program.
                    May be a little early in 2013 to see what the support from non-STH fans especially with the weather and basketball season still going. Nevertheless the trend is clear and the drop in support of non-STH fans is much more dramatic than the drop in STH which, of course, are the diehards.

Comment

Yeah - there are some games that will likely draw some good crowds regardless of how wsu season is going if we get some good weather. Also, the season ticket is a estimate based on the assumption that since wsu announces tickets sold, TE smallest number reported is at least the maximum number of season tickets sold, it is likely there are less season ticket than what is listed. We need a tabor game at 1pm on a Wednesday to get a better estimate.

Comment

The fans are the only ones I feel bad for.

Comment

Maybe I'm crazy but there is a local coach I think would be interested in taking over the program. Kevin Hooper has done a great job with the Wingnuts and was an outstanding player for the Shockers. I for one would love to see him standing in the home dugout at Eck again.

Comment

Working...
                          X