New HC Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HC Candidates

Lets get it started. Whether its this year or ADES plays out his contract lets start throwing names out. I don't exactly have warm fuzzies thinking ADES will be making this hire. So if you had the ear of ADES who would be on your short list?

I will throw the obvious out there so you guys don't think small:

Kemnitz
    Hibbs
    Hooper
    Staniford
    Wedge
    K. Hill
    Brad Hill
    R. Price

This is a legendary program that a lot of big time assistants would like to take a crack at so if we stay within the family it needs to be bc it is best choice not bc they are family in my opinion.

Kevin Seitzer

Comment

Anybody but JT.

And I'm surprised it took til now for this thread to start. This weekend was atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        Anybody but JT.

And I'm surprised it took til now for this thread to start. This weekend was atrocious.
        I think there have been similar threads and discussions over the past two seasons. Nothing new on the list of names you have suggested. All have been mentioned and discussed quite of bit in recent years IIRC.

The most difficult issue with Gene's situation to me is not so much who will replace him, I'm sure we will attract plenty of interest from a high quality pool of coaches, but it is simply having to wait this out for one and possibly two more painful seasons and watch the program decline even further, although we may well hit bottom this year if this weekend's start is any indication. Hopefully, the guys will bounce back at least a little and this year won't be quite as bleak as this past weekend seems to be pointing us to.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I think there have been similar threads and discussions over the past two seasons. Nothing new on the list of names you have suggested. All have been mentioned and discussed quite of bit in recent years IIRC.

The most difficult issue with Gene's situation to me is not so much who will replace him, I'm sure we will attract plenty of interest from a high quality pool of coaches, but it is simply having to wait this out for one and possibly two more painful seasons and watch the program decline even further, although we may well hit bottom this year if this weekend's start is any indication. Hopefully, the guys will bounce back at least a little and this year won't be quite as bleak as this past weekend seems to be pointing us to.
          Waiting is definitely the hard part. This is gonna be a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReal3G View Post
            Lets get it started. Whether its this year or ADES plays out his contract lets start throwing names out. I don't exactly have warm fuzzies thinking ADES will be making this hire. So if you had the ear of ADES who would be on your short list?

I will throw the obvious out there so you guys don't think small:

Kemnitz
            Hibbs
            Hooper
            Staniford
            Wedge
            K. Hill
            Brad Hill
            R. Price

This is a legendary program that a lot of big time assistants would like to take a crack at so if we stay within the family it needs to be bc it is best choice not bc they are family in my opinion.

1. Hooper
            2. Wedge
            3. Staniford

Kevin Hooper is the clear choice IMO. He is young enough that he might actually remember what is like to be a player. Something that most of these guys have long forgotten. He is also just an awesome guy.
            although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

I don't see Eric Wedge as a serious candidate for the Wichita State program.

Comment

If HCGS goes, then so does BK. JT isn't even in the discussion as a possible candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  If HCGS goes, then so does BK. JT isn't even in the discussion as a possible candidate.
                  I agree. We've past the point when handing he reigns to BK would be a good idea. Perhaps there was a time when that may have made sense but not now. Time to wipe the slate clean. The program has clearly become stale. I think both BK and the WSU baseball program could benefit by wiping the slate clean. BK will land on his feet somewhere, maybe even at his dream job in Norman.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I don't see Eric Wedge as a serious candidate for the Wichita State program.
                    Don't even bother posting this. It's common sense but his name gets thrown around more than Andrew wiggins on this board. Reality is not a requirement around here. Just ignore silly things and move on.

Comment

Danny Ainge.

Comment

A couple of current assistants who I think will be future stars are Matt Deggs of Louisiana-Lafayette and Tony Vitello of TCU.

Deggs was the Associate HC at Texas A&M and was widely regarded as the brains behind the operation when Childress got to Aggieland. Before that he was an assistant and chief recruiter for DVH at Arkansas. The man has big time connections and is fiery. He would do great.

Tony Vitello has been at TCU for about three years. Before that he was at Mizzou where he played a huge hand in reviving a very mediocre program. And hey since he left, they have reverted back to mediocrity. Coincidence? He recruited and then as pitching coach molded Max Scherzer, Aaron Crow, and a kid by the name of Kyle Gibson who could be in the Twins rotation to start the year this season. Worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
                          1. Hooper
                          2. Wedge
                          3. Staniford

Kevin Hooper is the clear choice IMO. He is young enough that he might actually remember what is like to be a player. Something that most of these guys have long forgotten. He is also just an awesome guy.
                          Hooper said last year that he was satisfied where he was now. But I guess with the right incentive, maybe he could be persuaded.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                            A couple of current assistants who I think will be future stars are Matt Deggs of Louisiana-Lafayette and Tony Vitello of TCU.

Deggs was the Associate HC at Texas A&M and was widely regarded as the brains behind the operation when Childress got to Aggieland. Before that he was an assistant and chief recruiter for DVH at Arkansas. The man has big time connections and is fiery. He would do great.

Tony Vitello has been at TCU for about three years. Before that he was at Mizzou where he played a huge hand in reviving a very mediocre program. And hey since he left, they have reverted back to mediocrity. Coincidence? He recruited and then as pitching coach molded Max Scherzer, Aaron Crow, and a kid by the name of Kyle Gibson who could be in the Twins rotation to start the year this season. Worth a look.
                            Sounds like a couple of interesting names if ADES wants or needs to go outside of the Shocker family tree when the time comes. It will be very difficult for ADES to turn away from Kevin Hooper assuming he wants the job and meets the requirements. Hoop would certainly eliminate any need for ADES to selll the new coach to the fan base.

Comment

Hoop doesn't have his diploma, does he?

Comment

Working...
                              X