DBU's completed stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBU's completed stadium

I like that they kept the OF natural.I wish we could have done the same.

Comment

I like it all one or the other, I do not care for some hybrid.

Regardless I'm just glad the Valley wised up and snagged these guys. They do baseball right and what the Valley needs are teams that take Basketball/Baseball seriously. Not a bunch of school's investing money in their peewee football programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
        I like it all one or the other, I do not care for some hybrid.

Regardless I'm just glad the Valley wised up and snagged these guys. They do baseball right and what the Valley needs are teams that take Basketball/Baseball seriously. Not a bunch of school's investing money in their peewee football programs.
        yes yes yes. They are a great addition for baseball.

Comment

Thanks for the link. It looks nice.

Comment

Are they like going to share that stadium with some independent league team or some such? They have no fans. Even when they got lucky and knocked TCU out across town they had very few fans in the Regional championship.

They are a fun little team but as I have said they are about the 10th or 11th option for a HS prospect in the state of Texas. I'm not sold on their long term prospects but in the short term I am sure they will compete just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
              Are they like going to share that stadium with some independent league team or some such? They have no fans. Even when they got lucky and knocked TCU out across town they had very few fans in the Regional championship.

They are a fun little team but as I have said they are about the 10th or 11th option for a HS prospect in the state of Texas. I'm not sold on their long term prospects but in the short term I am sure they will compete just fine.
              It's on campus u ignorant clown.

I won't comment on the rest of ur post, there is no point ur an idiot.

Comment

They have no fans.
                that is kind of funny coming from a program who don't really draw many more fans than DBU.

MSU average attendance: 708
                DBU Average attendance: 341

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  that is kind of funny coming from a program who don't really draw many more fans than DBU.

MSU average attendance: 708
                  DBU Average attendance: 341
                  And DBU was averaging 341 in a small stadium that probably held 500. Msu was drawing a whole 708 in a 8,000 seat stadium. Built it and they will come. Oh wait Msu did and they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    And DBU was averaging 341 in a small stadium that probably held 500. Msu was drawing a whole 708 in a 8,000 seat stadium. Built it and they will come. Oh wait Msu did and they didn't.
                    I don't think MSU built anything.

Comment

So what does MSU have on-campus wise for baseball?

Seriously, YOU of all people, are knocking ATTENDANCE figures?

One could argue your cute little run in 2003 was pretty damn lucky, seeing how you never made it back until last year.

You're amazingly moronic.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I don't think MSU built anything.
                        You are so right. I stand corrected. John Q. Hammons built it and they still didn't come.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                          yes yes yes. They are a great addition for baseball.
                          Definitely. Certainly someplace better to go in March or April than Terre Haute or Normal. Much better push for RPI, too.

--'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            So what does MSU have on-campus wise for baseball?

Seriously, YOU of all people, are knocking ATTENDANCE figures?

One could argue your cute little run in 2003 was pretty damn lucky, seeing how you never made it back until last year.

You're amazingly moronic.
                            Well our facility is just off campus. A short walk from any of the dorms.

We've had substandard attendance when we have put out a substandard product. Yes. But that is the way it is with any business. If you go to McDonald's and keep getting the same substandard Big Macs are you going to keep going? No. You'll wait until they get better management and improve on the product. That is pretty standard.

My concern specific to DBU is that they are just a drop in the bucket in DFW. TCU has been wildly successful and is just now starting to draw numbers that their success should warrant. I do like having them around so that everybody in the MVC can hopefully recruit DFW and the Plano area better. A lot of good ballplayers down there.

One final point: you can call 2003 luck, skill, whatever. We were in Omaha which is a place that your baseball program has only got to visit every other year for about the last 20 years when they play Creighton. So there's that too. Let the record show that I have respect for the program that Gene has built so I mean no offence.

Comment

We've had substandard attendance when we have put out a substandard product. Yes. But that is the way it is with any business. If you go to McDonald's and keep getting the same substandard Big Macs are you going to keep going? No. You'll wait until they get better management and improve on the product. That is pretty standard.
                              Bad example...nobody goes to Micky-D's for the quality of the burger I will assure you. It is the worst "franchise" burger on the planet. With them, it's all about the "branding of the franchise."

Comment

Working...
                              X