WSU at UTSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU at UTSA

I don't think many care. There's just nothing to feel good about right now.

UTSA is throwing their ace tomorrow, so apparently we will too. Tommy LaPour tonight, Caden tomorrow and I guess Tyler Sunday.

Big ballpark down there. Wind blowing in. No home runs tonight (so they say).

Don't think about yesterday.

Today, today, today.

Rice already lost today and ECU looks like they will run rule USF (7-0 after 3). A win would really help our cause. We've lost 9 of 10 I believe.

Let's go.

That one Norfolker was pretty good.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I am hopeful that the stars will align and this group will get to enjoy playing in front of a full house in the not too distant future. Their efforts, in preparation as well as execution, pretty much demand better support than they are getting to this point.

I continue to be amazed at Ridgnal's motor.

Another good scout and preparation by the coaches. They did an excellent job of exploiting our high low post game and got a ton of layups and dunks from that. Those didn't happen by accident.

Layups, dunks, drives to the cup and open 3s. Shot selection was mostly good last night.

Norfolk could have beat us, but our guys stayed focused.

I thought Quincy was outstanding. I cannot imagine how hard that young man has worked in the last 6+ months to get to a point where he's not only skilled enough to be a difference maker, but also be able to BE a difference maker for more than 10-12 minutes a game. 22 minutes actually, and making 60%+ of his shots.

This team is shooting 47.1% from the field. 3 regulars are over 50%. While those numbers are from the weaker part of our schedule, you can't say it's an insignificant sample size. That percentage is much more a product of taking good shots than having good shooters. That's something this fan likes, a lot.

#6 Thomas reminded me a little of a very poor man's AI. The Spartans play hard and will likely win a lot in their conference.

I did not expect a 6-1 start and while this team has a tough road ahead, filled with numerous potholes and a razor thin margin for error, I am exceedingly happy for them for how far they've come in a relatively short period of time.

I remain pessimistic (and will until the outcome is different) about the prospect of Cortes joining the team at semester, but the thought of this group having a true facilitator (and that is in NO way meant as a disservice to XB who has been excellent playing out of position) as well as added depth, talent and experience is intriguing to say the least.

I defy anyone to even reasonably predict the next 5 games. Almost any outcome is possible, but one of those possible outcomes is winning every one of those games, and that is something that a month ago I would have deemed completely laughable.

Comment

If the 1st inning is an indication, the pain will continue. 3 up 3 down with very little fight.

All the pitcher did was throw fastballs, mostly strikes. The scout is locked in.

Need Tommy to be really good.

Comment

Tommy pretty sharp early. Fastball looks strong but this is a high school stadium with high school equipment so no velo numbers.

After 2 Ks, the third batter CRUSHED one to right that is gone every other night but the wind killed it, Lane was lucky to find it, stumbling, and makes the 3rd out. No score after 1.

No way the park holds that anywhere else or on any other day.

Let's get something going guys.

Comment

Ground out, flyout, strikeout. Bottom 2 no score.

Comment

It just goes to **** so effing fast these days. Tommy looked good, then 2-2 hits the guy. Next pitch SHOULD have hit the next batter. Ball 1. Ball 2. Strike 1 barely.

Did get a ground out, but with Mo at first, couldn't turn the double play, and thank goodness the batter was slow as we barely got him after not being able to make the throw to 2nd.

Strikeout, groundout, nice play by Jordo, and it's 0-0 top 3.

Comment

Top 3 Kam's out by 2 strides but the foot of the 1B looks like it might be off the bag. However, shitty view, shitty camera and he's out.

Honestly, asking for a review there is just like our approach at the plate. Hope and a prayer.

Camden Johnson goes the other way and looked stunned that it got by the 3B. Double, with one out. Let's get him home!

Birge almost excuse me one over the 3B but he makes the play and nearly doubles Camden at 2B. 2 out.

Lane hits the pitcher, and if it doesn't hit him it's 1-0 Shocks. But it's 1st and 3rd with 2 outs.

At least a couple balls squared up. And that's going to lift the pitcher apparently. So we're into the pen.

Lane gets to 2nd on a play that Camden COULD have scored on if he was perfect. Jordo flies out to end the threat. Damn it.

Trying to drive the ball in the air is moronic tonight. Stay back and hit line drives.
                Last edited by WuDrWu; May 3, 2024, 06:45 PM.

Comment

UTSA is second in the conference still?

nvm -- Looked it up, they are.

Comment

Dayyum. LaPour is en fuego so far!

Comment

Tommy exuding confidence we haven't seen in awhile. Hope it sticks.

Comment

Tommy has been pretty good and his velo looks good. Living up might not be bad tonight. But for crying out loud go after them.

And he is mostly. KKK. Getting outs up is good. And his velo looks very, very good.

Comment

Wow! Tommy serving up a dish of eff you!

Comment

Nice hitting in the 4th so far!

Comment

Another nice hit! AND a run!

1-0 Shoxers!

Comment

Working...
                              X