X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Saal probably not going to get much leniency on this hire
    And he shouldn’t. HCBG needs to win 35 next year. Maybe even NCAAT
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Saal was pretty quick to fire a known commodity....

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Any reason why Favors didn’t go?

This team has headed south fast. My expectations under Green are quickly changing.

I promised myself I wouldn't go off the rails, but here I go anyway.

It was a moronic decision. Way too much metrics and horseshit going on. On a weekend where dicey weather might screw up the number of games you're playing, you leave 1 and 2 in the clubhouse to throw a freshman (who has been a pleasant surprise but not very good of late) against an old team of guys that can hit. And then come in with 2 more freshmen. What the actual eff did you expect was going to happen?

And I didn't say anything prior to the series because it's obvious we're in a bad place right now and this weekend set up awful. I didn't want to pile on the negativity.

We have no energy, no confidence (partly because we put the lineup in a freaking ninja bullet) and we've been scouted and our best weapon nullified because apparently our best weapon is standing there and getting hit.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the scout is out. No need to pitch us in. Throw strikes and make us hit (which we aren't doing) because we're going to try and get hit and walk. The small ball makes sense now as it's clear without help we're toothless.

And I know I sound like we're terrible. We're not. But we're not talented either. We can't win with softball chants, left/right subs and leaning into pitches. We're going to have to learn and teach baseball fundamentals and get some experience and talent in here. But there's no ****ing excuse for last night. There's no ****ing excuse for ORU last week. Get your **** together and do your job.

There's NO excuse to let a shitty Tulane team come in here and just hand you your ass then rub it in your face.

Ok, that's at least partially out of my system.

If we don't make the tournament (not the NCAA but the AAC) we should go find a new guy. And maybe find a new guy to find the new guy. 3 weeks ago a top half finish seemed more than likely. Now missing Clearwater is a real possibility.

Maybe hiring Kumbaya friends shouldn't be first line resume criteria.

Ok, I'm done. Let's go get a ****ing win today. Go Shox.

Comment

Perfectly stated. (Esp about the metrics). Nicely done DrWu. Play and more so, coach D1 baseball.
          Last edited by BAShocker; 1 week ago.

Comment

Team on the brink and these are the times where the coaching staff HAS to do whatever to keep the group together.
            They have 10 more AAC games and realistically, need to win at least 7 of the 10 to make it to Fla.

Anything less, and they can start making plans for summer ball somewhere, if they haven't already.
            This team was 21-13 and now will struggle to avoid having a losing season.
            Yes, the schedule certainly toughened up in the last 3 weeks, but all teams go through a tough scheduling stretch.

Not sure how HCG plans to approach the last few games, but throwing out a Freshman on Friday night in a pivotal series doesn't seem wise to this guy.
            Better approach would be to treat every AAC game from here on out as though it could be the last one.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

All correct except the needed wins to get to FL. 7-4 in last 11 puts us 14-13 and that's a no doubter. Even 1 or 2 games under .500 (13-14 or 12-15) is safe unless ECU and UTSA (who certainly didn't help the cause by losing to Rice last night, the Owls of a sudden have caught fire) start losing a bunch of games.

Speaking of ECU, Trey Yesavage took another no hitter into the 7th at Memphis last night. The guy has been unhittable for a bunch of weeks. Getting to him for 3 runs (even if it was in the 7th) should be confidence inducing for our guys.

I said anything less than a 7-5 finish would be disappointing. I stand by that. But that number got a lot tougher after last night.

Comment

HCBG would be a great MiLB manager. Unfortunately this is college baseball. Who wants to start the hot seat thread lol
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I don’t think they were serious about getting 3 games in this weekend. Should’ve been a doubleheader yesterday. Not ideal, but not quite sure what the thinking was that they were gonna get a game in today.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I don’t think they were serious about getting 3 games in this weekend. Should’ve been a doubleheader yesterday. Not ideal, but not quite sure what the thinking was that they were gonna get a game in today.
                    Which makes the decision to change the rotation even more headscratching......and I'm not sure that's possible.

Comment

And yes Doc, the overthinking disease has infected the coaching staff. Baseball is about rhythm and routine. The constant tweaks and changes to lineups, rotations, pitching in general, everything is not helping. Watching strike one fly by EVERY SINGLE TIME is not helping. We are beyond predictable which is funny considering all of the changes that go on. I guess we’re not changing the right things? The pitching was fools gold early against weak competition. We just don’t have guys that throw strikes and when they do they’re serving up meatballs.

The early season “success” fooled us. It’s only year one but there have been really bizarre coaching moves that have already shown themselves. And those are likely not going to be modified by the current staff. It’s more of inherent qualities. Which is worrisome.

Progress better occur in year 2. Saal is quickly looking like buddy job-getter.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The metrics stuff is just baseball in 2024. I don't like it, and I don't think it makes a lick of sense with a bunch of college guys, but that's what it is.

BUT. You can't sit there and follow every baseball metric and still do **** like get the 3rd out at 3rd base. That's like Rule #2 as soon as they take the tee away.

Ninja bullet. Hilarious. And accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I am starting to feel like I may have been “sunshine pumping” a few threads ago. Unacceptable as of late
                          There have been many warning signs all season. This is the state of WSU athletics. They hire the best coaches they can afford, but they are not guys who will elevate the program. And there is no longer fan support to help.

Comment

I have watched almost every game this year. I am still waiting to see ACAC our pitching guru pat a pitcher on the back or butt saying good job when goes out to change pitchers. I am old and probably old school, but I feel like young inexperienced pitchers need to be told good job, when they deserve it. Instead it looks like he is always pissed off. Bring back Pelf!

Comment

The two teams will play a doubleheader on Sunday, April 28 beginning at 11:30 am. The first game will be a seven-inning contest with a nine-inning game to follow 45 minutes after the conclusion of game one. If game one goes into extra innings, the second game will be seven innings.

Comment

I don't know what the drop dead time will be, but it's hard to imagine they'll be able to get in 2 games unless they go ultra fast. And nothing last night makes me believe either team will be in a hurry.

Comment

Working...
                                X