Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU at ECU (Apr 19th, 20th and 20th double header)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. Irritating. Though, again, we call all these douchey offensive timeouts all year and when there's ACTUALLY a need for one, we're sitting on our hands.

Comment

I feel like I'd come out throwing pitches every 4 seconds tomorrow to make a point. That was nutty the way that was being allowed/encouraged. Past that umps bedtime, I guess, which is ridiculous in a 2-run game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I think Durnin was more in the right than the ump there. Norby was quick pitching the **** out of everyone. On the ump to let that keep happening. Even more on the ump to not allow a batter to call time when that's happening.

I'm not excusing the other 25 bad ABs on the night. But I felt like that was pretty rough.
        Where were our coaches at to get that **** in check?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not to sound like a broken record:

We're not good enough to make multiple mistakes and beat good teams. Making several playing a top 10 team on the road? No bueno.

Like 'Fev and 'Dizzle said (and I mentioned a week or 2 ago) the scout is out on us about watching first pitches (not everyone, but almost) and we're going to have to prove ourselves before that changes. I too was annoyed with the constant getting behind, but maybe not quite as much as others. Yesavage is really good. Probably top 10 in the country. There's no shame being dominated by him AND I think there's value in running him in the 7th. We had a legit shot on the road vs a top 10. I'm not going to cry much about that.

Now....getting hammered at home by an ORU that couldn't score 8 runs in 2 weeks, combined, vs anyone not named 5-30 Northern Colorado? Different story.

I am starting to be a little concerned about too much confidence in "the process". The results matter.

The extra painful thing was that the rest of the league probably went just how we wanted last night.....great chance to be right in the mix of things if we'd won.

Just another day of teasing disappointment ....... probably should be used to it now.

Comment

I didn't watch the game so I'm not throwing stones, but I did look at the stats, and one jumped out at me for the Shocks.

2 Walks and 19 K's.

If someone can give me a solid analysis on this, please do, but to me, it appears like we probably didn't compete when we were in the batters box with two strikes. With two strikes, batters who aren't "hot" need to totally change their approach, shorten up their swing, and compete. Fouling off multiple tough pitches, and waiting for a pitch that hangs or is high in the strike zone, that a hitter can square up. Any batter who K'd, with 10 pitches (pitched to them) or more, still had a good at bat. Any batter who k'd on less than 5 to 6 pitches, failed to compete.

I didn't look up the hits with two outs, but I would venture a guess that it was low too. I saw that the Shocker hitters didn't get into scoring position nearly enough.

Comment

Comment

Not sure how we never even think about stealing bases and STILL manage to get picked off. Goodness.

Comment

Picked off for a 2nd time. Luckily the first baseman was blocking the bag and actually got called for the obstruction.

Need to make them pay for that mistake.

Comment

Have rattled ECU and their starting pitcher, Root.

1-0 Shox

Bases still loaded with 1 out. Need a big hit in this inning to put up a crooked number and get some belief.

Rogers battles well in that AB, puts the ball in play and gets a Baltimore Chop RBI single. Cmon big double or something.

Comment

OR A GRANNY!

LFG BOYS

Comment

Rally killer, but worth.

Comment

These fans want a strike zone the size of Texas. I was only able to watch a little last night. Perhaps that is what they are used to getting.

Comment

I was cussing at my screen when Davyn looked like he was trying to jerk one out to right on his first two swings but he made a nice adjustment with 2 strikes to hit like you should especially left-on-left. Nice job young man.

Comment

Back to back!

Root is super rattled. ECU super pissed to not be getting literally everything called a strike.

I thought coming out to argue balls and strikes was now an auto-ejection?

Comment

Luikart just hit one foul and out. Man. Night and day looking like they are interested in trying to hit the ball.

7-0 Shox Mid3

Oh for a shutdown inning.​

Comment

Working...
                                X