Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU vs Oklahoma (H: Apr 2 @ 6pm, A: Apr 23 @6:30 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs Oklahoma (H: Apr 2 @ 6pm, A: Apr 23 @6:30 )

Apr 2 (Tue) 6:00 P.M.
    vs Oklahoma
    Wichita, Kan. Eck Stadium

Watch - Listen - Live Stats - Tickets - History

Big week!

CRUSH THE BIG 12!!!!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Not sure where to out this, and I know it’s been said plenty of times by many others smarter than me - but that Brian Green Radio Show is fantastic. He is doing a great job with it.

(An aside, glad they are winning for MK’s sake. He seems to be enjoying the show a lot, and that is not lost on me. We are blessed to have Mike.)

Sounds like it’ll be a more predetermined split type of deal with pitching vs the Hawks and Sooners with so many games this week and a tough USF club this weekend.

Made it clear that the support in the stands is not lost on him or this group.

Go Shox!
    Last edited by ShockerExpress; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

We need to bury these no good, Indian land stealin', coach poachin', meatball lobbin' fools in their own sticky red dirt!

Comment

Bunch of nerf herders!!!!

Comment

Man, it's going to be another brutal night at the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Man, it's going to be another brutal night at the yard.
            Have not really lucked out with the weather this season. Hasn't been the worst, but not a lot of the nice days matching up with the bigger games. This team deserves to see some yellow and hear a little noise.

Comment

Might be pessimistic me, but this game, today, sets up brutally for us. OU is likely to be razor focused after having their asses handed to them over the weekend. Add to that a wind blowing in and small ball probably wins the day. OU runs the bases as well and as aggressively as anyone in the nation. Walks, HBP (OU does this well too), steals, sacrifices, WPs, PBs, bunts....

I bet we see Birge behind the plate. Mo at first. Need CJ to be ok.

Comment

For what it's worth Draftkings has WSU +105 tonight and OU -135

Comment

I bet we see Birge behind the plate. Mo at first. Need CJ to be ok.
                  I was a little surprised there was no mention of CJ on last night's radio show. or if there was I missed it. So I guess we find out tonight.

I assume you see Birge behind the plate because he might be a little better choice than MO in controlling the running game.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Win tonight would be huge. BA has us at the second team out of the tournament right now.

Comment

From the goshockers preview notes:

STAYING OFF THE BARREL: The Shockers enter play on Tuesday allowing only 7.20 hits per nine innings, the eighth-best mark in the nation. Wichita State pitchers are holding opponents to a .217 batting average and have held the opposition to six or fewer hits in 13 of 27 games.

Put that on the long list of things demonstrating that I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. So very far from what I was expecting coming into this year. Schedule toughens up going forward, but that's still nuts.​

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I was a little surprised there was no mention of CJ on last night's radio show. or if there was I missed it. So I guess we find out tonight.

I assume you see Birge behind the plate because he might be a little better choice than MO in controlling the running game.
                        That's exactly why I see Birge behind the plate, but it's clear they want to keep Mo fresh for the end of the season. 5 game week, I would bet about anything we'll see a 3-2 split, somehow.

I also get the impression (and that's all it is, an impression) that this staff isn't going to share a lot of dinged up, injury type information, for whatever reason.

Comment

I also get the impression (and that's all it is, an impression) that this staff isn't going to share a lot of dinged up, injury type information, for whatever reason.
                          There doesn't seem to be many staffs that do irrespective of the sport.

Comment

As a fan, I like knowing a little more about those sorts of things.

As a fan, I really like that there seems to be an emphasis on doing whatever it takes to win the next game, every game. That urgency has been absent for decades.

Comment

RH: Podcast With Anthony Claggett On Shockers Baseball

Listen to the podcast

Wichita State pitching coach Anthony Claggett joins the podcast to dive into a staff that is among the nation's leaders in ERA and WHIP as the halfway point of the season approaches. We discuss how the coaches built trust during a time of transition and what the conversation in the dugout sounds like when a pitching change is under consideration. Anthony Claggett
                              Claggett talks about how catchers work with umpires and frame pitches to help pitchers. We also discuss how Shockers such as Nate Adler and Caden Favors made significant progress from the previous season.​

Comment

Working...
                              X