Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dirks and the Tigers going to the World Series

Tigers win ALCS, advance to World Series

Andy Dirks has 3 hits in the Tigers 8-1 win over the Yankees.

It makes no difference who the Tigers play I hope they WIN!!! I'm a Shocker and Andy Dirks fan.
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Looks like Delmon Young will start in left field, which means Dirks might see less playing time. I expect Dirks to play a lot, but he might not start every game as he did in the ALCS.

Young is a huge defensive liability, so if Dirks doesn't start in right field, he will likely replace Young late in the games.

Comment

Better hope the Tigers dont get rusty since they clinched their series early and have alot of idle time

Comment

They are playing 2 games vs their farm teams during the break. Don't think I ever heard of that before.

Comment

Per this article, they are expecting Dirks to start in right field.....http://www.freep.com/article/2012102...-Tigers-lineup

Comment

The tigers suck the first two games, pounded by the giants in the first and two hits in the second?

I did not see that coming at all.

Go Giants!
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I have been following the Giants because of Buster Posey's connection.

A great story line.....the young catcher, in his first three years in the bigs has two World Series Championships, a NL batting title, has called and caught a perfect game.

The Giants have been the come from behind kids until they got to the series.

Comment

I'm confused. Was this thread about the Tigers or the Giants?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

wow.....

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      wow.....
                      I'm surprised you didn't start a thread with this comment.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Tough one for Dirks and his team, but just playing in a World Series isn't all bad, even if you lose. Ernie Banks would probably have been glad to trade one of his big years for what Dirks just experienced.

Personally, as a Cardinals fan, I'm disappointed El Birdos couldn't get that last win over the Giants. But I can't complain too much; they've certainly gotten their money's worth for being the last team to squeeze in these past two years -- and it's also kind of cool to think that the last three champs have been the Giants, Cardinals, and this year, the winner of the Giants-Cardinals NLCS.

Comment

Lambo will be on cloud 9.

Comment

Love the thread police

Comment

Love the first comment in several weeks to be wasted with a "wow....."
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X