WSU vs Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    I have spent more time than I care to admit wondering how the heck this team is even comparable to last year's team on the field, when the individual talent is clearly so much less.

I guess it is a good sign that we played like dog water last night and still won - that probably sums it up.
    One possible explanation is there is a difference in leadership environment. It seems there was toxic leadership last year.

Comment

Clearly safe... time for the Review of the Game presented by ShockerNet
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        Clearly safe... time for the Review of the Game presented by ShockerNet
        One angle looked safe. Another angle looked out. Yet another looked like a tie.

Comment

So much for tie goes to the runner
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Did Rogers really think he was gonna get a double out of that?

This is some Butler Era mental gymnastics.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
              So much for tie goes to the runner
              Like the announcer said, had he been called safe, that call probably would have stood, as well.

What are the thoughts about Rogers trying to stretch that single to a double? Is it a better risk with 2 outs in a scoreless first?

Comment

Wtf Rogers???

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Like the announcer said, had he been called safe, that call probably would have stood, as well.

What are the thoughts about Rogers trying to stretch that single to a double? Is it a better risk with 2 outs in a scoreless first?
                  Good risk with two outs

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I get the thought but running into outs is never good

Comment

I'm fine with it with 2 outs. Get yourself in scoring position. Force a bad fielding team to make a decent play. They did and it was still a coinflip.

Comment

Loud online with the kids there. Only imagine how loud it is there live

Comment

They haven’t seemed that bad to me. If that is the philosophy, then he might as well just walked back to the dugout after contact was made. There was no chance he was gonna make it there, provided the right fielder made it anywhere within 3 feet of second base, which most D1 players will do.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The fact that he looked as likely to be safe as out there kinda flies in the face of that analysis.

Comment

Gustafson looks out to me on the replay. Not sure how that play is particularly close. Should've been deep enough to score the run. Decent throw, but still.

Comment

Same call, should be safe

Comment

Working...
                                X