Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU vs Oklahoma State (Mar 26), vs OSU (Apr 9), at OSU (Apr 30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Hard disagree
    Got the stats?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sometimes you just get beat by better teams. OSU is just a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by BSB4LF View Post
        Nobody disputes that OSU is a better team. They are a lot better.

Any reasonable person can also concede:

1) 5 road games in a week is terrible scheduling and we sacrificed guys that shouldn't be pitching against that good a team. It is what it is.
        2) We weren't likely to win that game on our best day, and it's more important to win this weekend, by a factor of google.

Also

1A) This program should never be that bad
        2B) NOBODY (players, coaches, admins, fans) is satisfied with that debacle
        3C) GDMF if we're going to walk the world, shouldn't we at least walk the Schubart kid? I mean seriously WTAF?!
        Last edited by WuDrWu; May 1, 2024, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I was wondering if we were reserving pitchers for games we are more capable of winning.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by BSB4LF View Post
            It’s not getting beat by OSU that is the problem. It’s the manner in which it was done. How many records were broken last night? Are we a program that should be giving OSU single game and single player home run records? Aren’t those things typically reserved for the Southwest Oklahoma Techs of the world?

That was an embarrassment that rivaled some of Todd Butler’s feats, if not worse. We really truly looked like a Westurban team coming in there for a scrimmage.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              I was wondering if we were reserving pitchers for games we are more capable of winning.
              Zang was a hope and a prayer. The kid has arm talent, no question about it. A good outing would have been a positive step forward for the team and a possible arm that we could look to down the stretch. Obviously whatever is ailing him is still a huge problem.

Zayas unfortunately has been touched up every time he's pitched. Wilky has struggled since last March. Arnett and Geraghty are 2 talented freshmen that haven't figured it out yet and as of today at least, aren't likely to be called upon in any meaningful situations.

You're going to see much of the same tonight in Lawrence. I will only be surprised to see Favors, LaPour & Dobbs. I would be surprised to see Holmes, Anderson and Adler, UNLESS it's tight late.

Perhaps Munz, Walters and Mount will get some more work....but I wouldn't be shocked to see Gavin Oswald either. Losing Mulhollon hurt bad. I don't know but I think Bledsoe and Luikhart are off the rotation. If not, either of those wouldn't surprise me. Everyone else needs to be fresh for UTSA.

Am I the only one that is seeing guys struggling to throw strikes and looking at where their land leg is going and wondering why? Zang, for instance, when he steps too far left, inevitably it's going to be way outside the zone, but when he's more direct to home, the pitch is very good.

Comment

Also, we're not great. We did well early against average or worse competition. And mostly against excellent competition lately, we've been humbled.

And while I concede the competition has been very, very good of late.......

We gave up 7 runs or more only 4 times through the Rice series (we were 18-9 at that point), 4 times in 27 games.

Since then, in 19 games, we've given up 7 or more runs ELEVEN times. Mostly the same guys. We're either regressing, getting tired, getting out scouted or some combination of all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

We're either regressing, getting tired, getting out scouted or some combination of all 3.
                  Or looking towards summer ball and what the portal opportunities there might be.

Comment

Honestly the pitching the last month has been more like what I was expecting coming into the year. I just didn't see where the outs were going to come from.

Over that same month we also haven't been able to matchup decent offensive games with the few good pitching performances (See: USF gm3, OU, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                    X