Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU vs K-State (Mar 19), at K-State (Apr 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs K-State (Mar 19), at K-State (Apr 10)

Mar 19 (Tue) 6:00 P.M.
    vs Kansas State
    Wichita, Kan. Eck Stadium

Watch - Listen - Live Stats - Tickets - History

Apr 10 (Wed) 6:00 P.M. at Kansas State
    Manhattan, Kan. Tointon Family Stadium

Listen - Live Stats - History

RPI
    -----
    Shox: 72
    K-State: 56

ELO
    -----
    Shox: 49
    K-State: 38

On paper, K-State is better than us. On paper.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Forgot to mention .. they showed a shot of Holmes in one of the matches he wasn't playing in and he had some Terminator style sunglasses on!

Now he just needs to swap his ball cap for a black cowboy hat and then he's officially our closer.

Do it Holmes!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Weather is going to be great.

If you can swing a free evening please come out and wear yellow. I’m gonna try to convince a few to come with me.

Team has definitely done well enough to make sure there are 3X more of us than purple tomorrow night.

It’s super affordable and fun.

Comment

If any of you guys know people where tickets are the issue, send them my way and I will provide as many tickets as needed (as I can). Let's pack this place out in yellow, not have a Nebraska repeat.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
          If any of you guys know people where tickets are the issue, send them my way and I will provide as many tickets as needed (as I can). Let's pack this place out in yellow, not have a Nebraska repeat.
          Hell ya. Go Shox.

Comment

This feels like a more important game than I would have ever imagined coming into the year. Not in a must-win kind of way. But in a 'wow, we really might be well ahead of schedule here' kind of way. I'm not overly optimistic. But I'm hopeful.

Go Shox!

Comment

Doc or whoever knows? Who is our starting pitcher tonight? Dobbs would seem logical to get an opportunity to be a starter, but I'm not sure how many pitches he pitched last weekend.

Comment

'Skip said on the Coach's Show last night that Dobbs would go tonight.

He's been really good and apparently KSU isn't quite as strong against LHP as they have been against RHP (and make no mistake, their offense is humming right now).

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Doc or whoever knows? Who is our starting pitcher tonight? Dobbs would seem logical to get an opportunity to be a starter, but I'm not sure how many pitches he pitched last weekend.
                  64 on Wednesday vs Nebraska and 28 on Saturday vs Gonzaga. So 92 pitches and I doubt he'll go past 65 tonight unless it's completely stress free.

FYI in those 92 the opposition touched him up for 1 hit. I don't expect or think that kind of dominance is going to continue, it's just too good, but Tyler has been super out of the gate for us.

Comment

I will say that the coaches (who deal with pitchers) will earn their money this year, if they can work on the mental outlook of Zang (probably LePour too). When he loses his throwing (upper and lower body working together), and his arm slot (to a degree), he absolutely loses his confidence, and he starts to aim the ball.

We've seen how he can be really good, and then we've seen how bad he can be. No team has hit him hard or consistently, but he pitches himself into trouble, and then a hit and 3-4 runs are rung up on only one hit. I hope that Claggett and Green can get into his head, because he has some talent.

LePour doesn't lose his rhythm as much, but he does lose a little control (walks a few), and then pitches too many straight down Broadway, and they get to him. His ball doesn't have the natural movement that Zang does, and he often can't control his secondary curve. One may throw 92-94 mph, but if the pitch is too straight and he doesn't have a secondary pitch, hitters will catch up to it.
                    Last edited by Shockm; March 19, 2024, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Kansas State (13-6, 2-1 Big 12) vs. Wichita State (13-6, 0-0 American)

Tuesday, March 19 | 6:00 pm CT | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
                      TV: ESPN+ | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM
                      RHP Andrew Evans (3-1, 5.65) vs. LHP Tyler Dobbs (4-1, 0.49)

SCOUTING KANSAS STATE: The Wildcats bring a 13-6 record into play on Tuesday, including a 2-1 mark in Big 12 play. Kansas State swept Missouri State in a three-game series at Tointon Family Stadium in Manhattan over the weekend and has scored a combined 60 runs over the course of their five-game winning streak. The Wildcats are still looking for their first true road win of the season, having dropped midweek games at Arizona State, Tennessee and Clemson. Offensively, K-State boasts one of the nation's most patient and prolific lineups, ranking 11th in the country with 135 walks and seventh with 50 stolen bases. Former Wichita State outfielder Chuck Ingram is hitting .345 and has homered three times in the last five games. Veteran head coach Pete Hughes is in his sixth season in Manhattan and 27th overall as head coach, owning a career record of 798-614-3.

Not sure how long Tyler Dobbs will be allowed to go. Maybe around 60 pitches at most. That would get him through 4 innings, maybe 5 if he is really effective.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Kansas State (13-6, 2-1 Big 12) vs. Wichita State (13-6, 0-0 American)

Tuesday, March 19 | 6:00 pm CT | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
                        TV: ESPN+ | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM
                        RHP Andrew Evans (3-1, 5.65) vs. LHP Tyler Dobbs (4-1, 0.49)

SCOUTING KANSAS STATE: The Wildcats bring a 13-6 record into play on Tuesday, including a 2-1 mark in Big 12 play. Kansas State swept Missouri State in a three-game series at Tointon Family Stadium in Manhattan over the weekend and has scored a combined 60 runs over the course of their five-game winning streak. The Wildcats are still looking for their first true road win of the season, having dropped midweek games at Arizona State, Tennessee and Clemson. Offensively, K-State boasts one of the nation's most patient and prolific lineups, ranking 11th in the country with 135 walks and seventh with 50 stolen bases. Former Wichita State outfielder Chuck Ingram is hitting .345 and has homered three times in the last five games. Veteran head coach Pete Hughes is in his sixth season in Manhattan and 27th overall as head coach, owning a career record of 798-614-3.

Not sure how long Tyler Dobbs will be allowed to go. Maybe around 60 pitches at most. That would get him through 4 innings, maybe 5 if he is really effective.
                        Hopeful the Vornado 'fan' will be working tonight...

Just don't want any of our **** hitting it...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Interested to see what the lineup looks like tonight. My guess:

KSU runs like crazy (51-58) so keeping runners OFF the bases is crucial, and keeping them close when they do get on will be just as important.

3B Camden Johnson is locked in right now
                          CF Dayvin Johnson is a tough left handed hitter
                          1B Ryan Callahan. Another lefty bat.
                          LF Jaden Gustafson is hot and LH so seems likely
                          2B Jordan Rogers is on fire so even though a righty he stays
                          RF Seth Stroh seems to be liked by the staff right now
                          C Mauricio Millan Mr. Reliable
                          DH Alex Birge just a guess. First thought he might start behind the plate, then 1B. Gannon Snyder is also a possibility here or 1B.
                          SS Guessing they stick with Kam Durnin for now. Zero surprise if they go back to DPJ

Not as left handed as I think they want....BUT that lineup is R, L, L, L, R, L, R, L, R so after the 1st 3 it's every other and I heard them say they like that kind of set up.

They could go Jordo in the 3 hole, Mo into the 6 and flip Birge and Kam and it would be R, L, R, L, L, R, L, R, L. That will keep the pitcher on his toes.

Comment

I think more important than keeping the pitcher on his toes, it makes situational relievers harder to use if they can't come in to face 3 straight lefties.

Comment

Wear yellow. Go Shocks.
                              Last edited by Power Outlet; March 19, 2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X