RPI
    ---
    WSU: 49
    Nebraska: 3 <--- opportunity knocks !

ELO
    ---
    WSU: 73
    Nebraska: 37

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Nebraska's RPI can't get much higher at #3 so if WSU pulls off an upset (or two) against Nebraska that could prove to be huge for us.

Comment

Who will pitch? Johnny Wholestaff?

Comment

Tyler Dobbs was the choice at OU last week, and he only threw 16 pitches over the weekend. I'm sure he'll get the start one of the days. As to the other start, there are still a few pitchers we haven't seen (Fettinger, Arnett, Vercoe, Agnew, and Lee), but I sincerely doubt they're going to start experimenting vs a top team like Nebraska.

I've wanted to see what Jeremiah Arnett could do for 2 years now and Trevor Lee is a physical talent that just doesn't come along every day, so those are 2 kids I'd personally love to get a chance. But I don't think so vs NU. The other 2 most likely are probably Brady Hamilton and Ryan Geraghty. Ryan has struggled the last couple of times out....I'll guess Brady, even though I know they like him in relief. There just aren't many other options that they trust.

They're probably settled on Mo behind the plate (with Birge getting a RH start here and there), Callahan at 1B, Camden Johnson (what a player he's become as a freshman) at 3rd and Dayvin Johnson in CF. 2B, SS, RF, LF & DH seem very much up in the air. I'm sure at least a couple of these will be platoon type positions for much of the year. Hopefully someone will step up and take the opportunity for a couple of those other spots.

Comment

Left side of the infield is more than a little interesting. We have freshman Camden Johnson taking over 3rd (kind of supplanting Juco Josh Livingston). CJ has a cannon for an arm, is one of the fastest Shockers and continues to hit (.397 with 8 free passes and only 7 Ks, 4 of which were over this weekend) more than you'd probably expect, especially for a freshman that frankly wasn't good in the fall.

Then there are 2 freshmen that have the most work at short, Darnell Parker Jr and Kam Durnin. Both can flash the leather, both have strong arms (Durnin especially has a gun) and Kam has certainly been more consistent. Neither is hitting much (Durnin has been a little better) but Parker has more pop in the bat. Durnin has been much more reliable fielding though so far. While both players have 8 putouts, Kam has 16 assists and no errors, while DPJ has 23 assists (he's been out there a lot more than Kam) but 6 errors for a sub .850 fielding %. Parker probably has a little more upside, but both are really talented and when they put it together can help the team in a variety of ways.

Comment

I still like the goal of remaining above .500 at all points the rest of the season. I was not counting on an LBSU series win, so that became even a little more attainable. Would love to grab a win this week. Warm weather, name opponent, insanely cheap tix on Tuesday (2/$5 for outfield hill/GA); chance to have an exciting time and convince a few people to spend a little time at Eck this spring.

Comment

Auburn has been on a tear since kicking our ass and is now #18.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Auburn has been on a tear since kicking our ass and is now #18.
                And there you have the benefit of buying players. The Auburn team is OLD, full of 4,5 and 6 year players, most of whom (among those that play) are at their 2nd D1 school (not just juco transfers) but also many at their 3rd or 4th destination. These are kids looking to upgrade.

They have a couple of guys they recruited (Chase Allsup for example) but the majority are bought and sold free agents. And they are OLD. Men. Not kids. It's tough to compete against that, but we're trying.

Comment

Oh my ***

ADKS.......Nebraska is NOT ranked 3rd in the country. I HATE SPIN LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#NOFEEL

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Oh my ***

ADKS.......Nebraska is NOT ranked 3rd in the country. I HATE SPIN LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#NOFEEL
                    I agree. I guess the promoters or going to promote and always have but the gaslighting is getting to be a bit much anymore and not just with WSU sports.

Nebraska sits at #3 in the RPI. It is #37 in the WarrenNolan ELO rankings. The Shocks are #73 in those ELO rankings.

Comment

Oh my ***

#NOFEEL
                      Probably less spin than an honest mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I agree. I guess the promoters or going to promote and always have but the gaslighting is getting to be a bit much anymore and not just with WSU sports.

Nebraska sits at #3 in the RPI. It is #37 in the WarrenNolan ELO rankings. The Shocks are #73 in those ELO rankings.
                        I always post those in the opening post for our game threads. I should include rank, when possible too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I always post those in the opening post for our game threads. I should include rank, when possible too.
                          My bad. I just scanned over that and missed it.

Comment

Oh my ***

#NOFEEL
                            Good Lord that’s embarrassing.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe KS thought their volleyball team was coming to play?

Comment

Working...
                              X