X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Nate Robertson got a new contract

3 years / $21.25 million

with the Tigers

I hope a couple of those $ goes to the new practice facility.

Oh the good that one can do with that kind of scratch.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

After taxes, agent's commison, attorney fees, he'll see about 5 million of that after it's all said and done. :D

Comment

You are living in the 80s KC.

2 words.......Tax Shelter.

Nate will see a hell of a lot more than $5 mil out of that.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
          After taxes, agent's commison, attorney fees, he'll see about 5 million of that after it's all said and done. :D
          :roll: :shock:
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I see Nate getting traded before the new deal finishes. The final season on it will cost the Tigers $10 million.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Contributions to WSU are tax deductible. His money goes further if he contributes some of it to WSU. ;-)
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

I know, I was just being facetious.

By the way, does anyone know if any of your former or present MLB players have ever donated a substantial amount of money to the program for improvements? I know Driefort signed a huge contract and I'm sure Blake and Carter have made some big dollars as well but I can't recall them ever donating a large sum of money.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                  I see Nate getting traded before the new deal finishes. The final season on it will cost the Tigers $10 million.
                  Only if he performs up to expectations. Otherwise, Detroit will probably have to pay a good chunk of that salary to get a trade done.

Comment

By the way, does anyone know if any of your former or present MLB players have ever donated a substantial amount of money to the program for improvements? I know Driefort signed a huge contract and I'm sure Blake and Carter have made some big dollars as well but I can't recall them ever donating a large sum of money.
                    Quite a few players have. Most of them though dont want it to be front page news. Can't say I blame them. How many people do you want knocking at the front door asking for money?

Comment

I attended a function quite a few years ago where Gene publicly thanked Joe Carter for donating to whatever the capital improvement project at the time happened to be. How much, I dunno.

At last weeks 30 year function, Joe joked about hearing Gene's plans for a great program with great facilities when he first came to WSU, but Gene not mentioning that he would have to help pay for them. That reaffirms my observation above.

I don't know any facts about other players and donations, although I suspect several have. There have been several with long-term MLB stints and/or lucrative contracts who could afford to do so.

--'85.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I'm pretty sure Joe Carter paid for nearly the entire locker room. And if you haven't been in there, its pretty fancy.
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

saw this in the paper this morning...

Nate participated in a charity event in Springdale, Arkansas.

Comment

Thanks Charlie. Nate's a great guy and it's awesome to see a friend from high school and college, who to this day is still so down to earth, get such a great contract.

Comment

So true. Maybe he will finally get a new set of wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X