Fall World Series - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall World Series - 2023

Anyone have any info on dates for this years schedule?
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Yeah, this needs to happen stat!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Last year the Shocks played 3 exhibition games against Cowley County CC, Mississauga (a Canadian team) and Pittsburg State between Sept 19th and October 3rd. Not sure that will happen again. Those games were announced on Sept 7th.

They announced last year's Fall World Series schedule on October 8th with games played between October 14tn and 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Last year the Shocks played 3 exhibition games against Cowley County CC, Mississauga (a Canadian team) and Pittsburg State between Sept 19th and October 3rd. Not sure that will happen again. Those games were announced on Sept 7th.

They announced last year's Fall World Series schedule on October 8th with games played between October 14tn and 22nd.
        Thanks!
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Caveat: What they did last year is not necessarily what they will do this year, especially with a new coaching staff.

Comment

So after listening to HCBG's podcast interview with Paul S. yesterday it sounds like there may not be a Fall World Series this year. However, HCBG said they will be scrimmaging quite a bit this fall and they would post those days and times on social media and fans are welcomed and encouraged to come to those.

The Shocks are playing a scrimmage game with Cowley County on October 14th and they are heading to Dallas to scrimmage Dallas Baptist on October 28th.

Comment

RH: Freshman Doubles Twice To Highlight Scrimmage

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/9/2...scrimmage.aspx

Freshman infielder Gannon Snyder and junior first baseman Ryan Callahan provided most of the offensive highlights. Snyder doubled in a run in the second inning and doubled again in the fifth. Callahan homered in the fifth.

Callahan, a junior transfer from Johnson County Community College, knew a lot about Wichita State. The previous coaches recruited him, and he grew up in Kansas City. He is majoring in business and Wichita State's Barton School of Business impressed him. When Green hired Miller, an assistant at Johnson County, Callahan happily signed on.

"Right place, right time, good people," Callahan said. "Phenomenal facilities. I chose Wichita State because I feel like this is a place I can grow as a player and grow as a person."

Callahan, a lefty, smacked a two-strike homer to right field on Saturday, more evidence of what Green likes about his smarts at the plate and ability to hit with two strikes.

"Ryan's probably been our best hitter," Green said. "He's very specific on having an offensive approach. Really dialed in."

Snyder, from Parkway West High School, committed as a junior to the previous Shocker coaching staff. He stuck with the program when Green took over. Snyder heard great things about Green from a coaching friend in California. The Zoom meeting with Green after he took over in early June sold him.

"He told us 'Give us some time; just don't flake on us right now,'" Snyder said. "He was very confident in how he works everything, and he should be because it's been unbelievable."

Snyder, who played third base on Saturday, said Green quickly helped his fielding by instructing him how to get lower early when playing ground balls. Green and assistant coach Anthony Miller are helping with his timing and approach as a hitter. "It's been unreal, working with them, being able to go in their office and showing them videos and working through it," Snyder said.

The work is paying off.

"He's got some juice in his bat," Green said. "He's put some really good swings on the ball the last week-and-a-half. He's flattened his swing out quite a bit."

After the scrimmage, Green spoke to the team. Then he and Miller gathered the hitters near first base. Pitching coach Anthony Claggett spoke to the pitchers in the bullpen. A recruit and his family waited for their attention.

The work of building back Wichita State baseball entered its fall stage and the countdown to spring begins.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 23, 2023, 10:42 PM.

Comment

The Shockers scrimmage again tomorrow at 1:00 pm.

Comment

Another tweet from Saturday's scrimmage for those interesting in pitching, which I assume is everyone.

Comment

Who was that Vornado candidate? Holy whiff!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Who was that Vornado candidate? Holy whiff!
                      This guy was wearing jersey #6. The only guys on the roster who have assigned jersey numbers at this point are the 11 returning players and none of them are #6..

So based on the lefty non-pitchers on the roster I've narrowed down to 6 possible candidates. 3 Juco transfers and 3 Freshmen all about the same height (5-11 to 6-1).

Only way to tell for sure would be to attend a scrimmage and pickup a roster. Which I plan on doing at some point.

BTW, that was a pretty nasty pitch that broke in on him at knee height pretty sharply. You almost have to looking for that pitch to hit and even then it would tough to squared it up.

Comment

The roster they had on Sunday has more than a couple errors. I was told "no number" guy was Sammy Harris. No idea if that was right or not. It was hard to keep track with at least 6 wrong numbers that I spotted. I'm sure they'll get it straightened out but with all the new names, it's really tough without an accurate lineup card.

There was also a big lefty pitcher and I think his number was right but he was listed as a RHP, so I'm not sure.

The trip to Dallas Baptist should be interesting.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            The roster they had on Sunday has more than a couple errors. I was told "no number" guy was Sammy Harris. No idea if that was right or not. It was hard to keep track with at least 6 wrong numbers that I spotted. I'm sure they'll get it straightened out but with all the new names, it's really tough without an accurate lineup card.

There was also a big lefty pitcher and I think his number was right but he was listed as a RHP, so I'm not sure.

Who's on first?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X