No announcement yet.

National Head Coach Search Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the surface this looks really bad. However, I think it’s prudent to let it play out and see how it goes. Not ideal and it seems like a reach for Saal. Having said that, it’s all on paper at this point.

Comment

• Enraged with this hire especially the more time I have to think about it
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I have heard that this may not be a done deal.
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
          I have heard that this may not be a done deal.
          ADKS may be listening on this, considering it would essentially be the death of the baseball program
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I hope your sources are correct. This makes no sense to offer the crown jewel of a historical proud program to a buddy that hasn’t finished in the top half of his conference in 3 full years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Green_(baseball)

Last edited by Veritas; June 4, 2023, 04:46 PM. Reason: Add wiki link

Comment

• LAZY hire.

After not taking on Scooter (who if hired, would have kept the coffers flowing), we have a hire that may dry up the baseball coffers like Death Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                LAZY hire.

After not taking on Scooter (who if hired, would have kept the coffers flowing), we have a hire that may dry up the baseball coffers like Death Valley.
                Like I said, they’d be dried up FOR GOOD. Death of the program

Comment

• This isn't a bad hire on paper. It's a HORRIBLE hire on paper.

May as well move the fences in at Eck and let the softball team use it. If this is all we can get after a national search with the facilities WSU has, then I have to seriously question KS's ability to evaluate candidates. this makes the Mills hire more questionable.

I think we have a power-hungry AD with an ego problem. For someone known as a fund raiser, he sure found a way to alienate those who funded Eck and the baseball facilities.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I hope so. I find it odd that if this was done, why wouldn't it have been announced. There is no benefit of delaying the announcement.

Kendall Rogers has always hated WSU baseball from the time he was running B12 media site - so I would not put it past him to push this story out there to needle WSU program.

Comment

Let's hope that is the case. The rumored hiring of Brian Green is certainly underwhelming.

Comment

• Interesting that there is no info coming from TE, one way or another. He’s either toeing the line or shut out…. Or could be he has not been able to substantiate the rumor.

One would think BK would explain expected reactions to ADKS
                        Last edited by Veritas; June 4, 2023, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          Interesting that there is no info coming from TE, one way or another. He’s either toeing the line or shut out…. Or could be he has not been able to substantiate the rumor.

One would think BK would explain expected reactions to ADKS
                          Yeah it’s interesting that Taylor has not said a word. Maybe he’s on vacation. Lord knows he could probably use it.

Comment

• Hibbs and Co are going to go make big splashes somewhere else, and we'll still be trying to dig ourselves out of this hire....

Comment

• Just brutal and a slap in the face to all of the Stephenson legacy folks involved with Shocker Baseball. Canning Scooter meant the AD had to go big, not necessarily Home Run hire, but big. I fully expected him to bring in a head coach and his entire staff from an elite Midwestern D2 program, or try to land a recruiting wiz from a Midwestern DI P5. Unbelievable...

Comment

• Does KS know about the power of SN billboards?!?!*

*Not for KS himself, but if they wanted to protest this hire of it becomes official.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X