Derek Norris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Norris

Norris was called up the bigs with the Oakland A's and is in the lineup today against the Dodgers. As a Dodger fan, I hope he goes 0-fer today, but best of luck to him the rest of the way. Sure would have liked to see him in a Shocker uni, although, for developmental reasons, he probably made the right choice.
    "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
    Norris was called up the bigs with the Oakland A's and is in the lineup today against the Dodgers. As a Dodger fan, I hope he goes 0-fer today, but best of luck to him the rest of the way. Sure would have liked to see him in a Shocker uni, although, for developmental reasons, he probably made the right choice.
    I believe he was 4th round pick, he certainly made the right choice. Being 4th rd you are not only getting good money you are going to be allowed to develop by the org and not released too quickly.

I will say it's a good thing he is a catcher cause those 74K's in 233 AB's in AAA will only go up in the bigs. He does have good power though and I assume he is a very fine receiver.

Comment

Congrats to Derek!

Comment

Derek with walkoff 3-run homer to lead A's over Giants.

Comment

What a thrill that would be to have your 1st major league homer be a walk-off game winner.

Congrats Derek.

Comment

Having played with Derek, I wouldnt have dreamed of any other scenario for his 1st ML HR. First time he batted left handed in a Little League Game he went yard to CF.(2nd or 3rd grade I believe) Thats just who he is. Congrats but wish I coulda seen him wear that Black & Gold.
            Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Watched D. Norris play against the Royals last night. Good to see Wichita area kids reach their dream!

Comment

Was there on Tuesday night and saw him in the bullpen - was very much hoping he got a chance to settle in behind the dish while I was in town, but no such luck.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

His throwing arm is about as strong as Popeye's off hand.

Comment

I think his coming in definitely opened up our running game.

Comment

DN is not aShocker and this is not a KC Royals fan forum

Comment

Oh, sorry.

Comment

I think it makes sense.

From my perspective, it would appear he could have used some time learning how to play his position at an institution known for developing catchers.

Comment

Working...
                            X