Harrison Dreiling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison Dreiling?

He's not listed on the roster. An omission or is he gone?

That is weird. His name is listed in the team photo on the baseball page.

Comment

Look at last year's roster; he was not listed on it either (although he is in the photo). http://www.goshockers.com/SportSelec...&Q_SEASON=2006
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

THe rumor is he transfered to play football.

Comment

Let's hope he does well at his new school.

He was shaky last year whenever he got the chance to play and never looked comfortable in the field.

I don’t think that he had the skills for D1 baseball.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Harrison is very talented..I don't know if you ever saw him at his prime but I believe he had what it took...just one of those confidence things and he had some other things that just didn't go right ..But the best of luck to him...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

He was shaky last year whenever he got the chance to play and never looked comfortable in the field.

I didnt miss a home game last year and all I can say is you must have been smoking crack to think he didnt look comfortable on teh field. Kid made some amazing plays. Plays like we havent seen since the likes of a fellow named hooper. Did he miss a few? Sure he did. Was he a freshman? Yes he sure was. Had a great build and body for baseball and had a lot of potential to hit for power. He was maybe the most aggressive players we had on the basepaths. He made a few bad decisions there also but again he was a freshman. I'm of the opinion he was the kind of kid that by the time he left here could have really been good. I sure as hell hope he is back this year. To say he didnt have the skills for Div 1 baseball is nutz. You dont get the kind of playing time as a freshman on a team like ours if you dont have what it takes to play div 1 baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

I didnt miss a home game last year and all I can say is you must have been smoking crack to think he didnt look comfortable on teh field. Kid made some amazing plays.
                LOL

Dreiling, played in 14 game, 6 starts.

Plays like we havent seen since the likes of a fellow named hooper. Did he miss a few? Sure he did. Was he a freshman?
                He had a fielding % of 0.846. To say he missed a few is understatement. He made Phil Napolitan look like a All-American.

Yes he sure was. Had a great build and body for baseball and had a lot of potential to hit for power.
                I can almost see that with his 0 HR's and 0.385 slugging pct in 26 plate appearance. :D

He was maybe the most aggressive players we had on the basepaths.
                :good:

1 Stolen base in 1 attempt in 14 games - just totally awesome!!!!

You dont get the kind of playing time as a freshman on a team like ours if you dont have what it takes to play div 1 baseball.
                Did I mention that he only played in 14 games with 26 plate appearance.

Comment

I didnt miss a home game last year and all I can say is you must have been smoking crack to think he didnt look comfortable on teh field. Kid made some amazing plays. Plays like we havent seen since the likes of a fellow named hooper.
                  Me on Crack? :yahoo:

Plays like we havent seen since the likes of a fellow named hooper.
                  :yahoo:

What are you talking about?

You are delusional my friend of course watching the game thru rose-colored glasses will do that to you.

I am sure that he is very nice young man and you must be his girlfriend or dad or some other relative and standing up for him very admirable but face it he does not have the skills to be a D1 baseball player or he would still be on the roster.

:D
                  Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

I will chime in with my opinion here. I think Harry could have become a very good ballplayer. I saw him make plays at shortstop in the summer that very few D1 shortstops make. Consider that he played shortstop and hit cleanup on a team that also had Dustin Coleman and Ryan Jones on it.

I never thought he looked comfortable last year. He bobbled some routine ground balls early in the spring and it just snowballed. What we all saw in games last spring was not representative of what Harry could do. But he would also not be the first player with talent that wasn't able to display those talents "under the lights" so to speak.

And to be realistic, Harry was looking at playing behind Dustin, Josh, and Kyle this spring, and it won't get any better next year, as some highly touted middle infielders are among the early signs.

Remember Brian Spear? I'm sure there were those who thought Brian didn't have the skills to be a D1 ballplayer either. He was caught in that position and transferred to Kentucky, where he proceeded to have a great year, in the SEC no less.

Whether Harry is back or whether he took his skills elsewhere, I wish him the best of success.

Comment

Harry transferred to Butler County.

Comment

Working...
                      X