WSU at K-State (Apr 18, May 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'm old school but I like my buffalo wings sauced on the outside.

So a coach is signaling where the SS should go based on batter?
    To be effective it also requires the pitcher to execute the scouting report as well in terms of pitch selection and location.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Brock Rodden generates about as much power I have ever seen for a player of his size. Especially from the left side.

Comment

Nice Win Shocks! Was the Jace Miner's best outing as a Shocker? Is Nate Snead establishing himself in the closer role?

Comment

Jace was solid. He's so much better when he works fast. You have to be able to throw multiple pitches for strikes and tonight he threw 3.

Snead has an electric arm but he needs to stop getting himself into a bind.

Jace threw 55 pitches and Nate 40. Our starters better give us length this weekend or we're really going to be in a bind.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

To be effective it also requires the pitcher to execute the scouting report as well in terms of pitch selection and location.
              Makes complete sense, but I wouldn't have thunk it.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Nice Win Shocks! Was the Jace Miner's best outing as a Shocker? Is Nate Snead establishing himself in the closer role?
                Jace was really good vs OU last year and he's had some good outings this year, but that was shut down stuff against a hot team that frankly wasn't having any trouble with Matt last night.

Snead is just good. And he's starting to earn trust with the coaching staff. He pitched more than he threw last night (he clearly didn't have his best stuff) and it was good enough. With Snead it's imperative that we get maximum value for a spent resource so when he's called upon, I promise you it's going to matter.

Comment

Great crowd at Eck tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Great crowd at Eck tonight.
                    Oh snap!!! I got so sidetracked watching Noam in slow play, repeat that I forgot about the baseball game!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Fun game to watch.

Wish we’d score more.

Say what you want about this team, but it’s pretty easily the most interesting Shocker team in a decade. That probably says more about the last 10 years than this team, but still. Been fun to watch the last month.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        Fun game to watch.

Wish we’d score more.

Say what you want about this team, but it’s pretty easily the most interesting Shocker team in a decade. That probably says more about the last 10 years than this team, but still. Been fun to watch the last month.
                        Assuming both teams used Johnny Wholestaff… just caught the wrap-up and replay of Snead’s 98 mph strikeout to end the game.

Comment

Assuming both teams used Johnny Wholestaff… just caught the wrap-up and replay of Snead’s 98 mph strikeout to end the game.

Comment

Comment

First 4 were Mason Buss for KSU. Sub 3.00 ERA and gave up 5 hits and 1 run. He is a very good pitcher.

Shox broke it up 2 innings at a time.

Comment

I was unable to watch the game tonight but was following on the live stats. Kind of disappointing to leave 10 runners on base but KSU left 7 runners on base so while neither ptiching staff was dominate they both apparently made the pitches when they needed to. This was especially good to see from the Shocks as our mid-week pitching has had its challenges this season. Getting a shutout against a good team like KSU was quite encouraging. Hopefully, it is confidence builder that will carry over

Only 5 hits for KSU. All singles it looks like. 5 walks a little high and 4 wild pictches a bit of an issue but offest by 9 strikeouts.

The reason I was not able to watch the game is that I was at a new to me sporting event as my 14 year old granddaughter participated in her first ever competitive barrel racing event at the Newton Saddle Club. Their were 40 youth riders so it was a bit like a swim meet. Two hours of elapsed time to watch my grandaughter for 20 seconds. But it was worth it. She had to be nervous, although not as nervous as her mom, but she actually did quite well and better than her Mom was expecting. She has gotten a bit of a late start at this but is giving it a go.

So a good night all around for this old guy.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 2, 2023, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X