• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice props given to Sean Johnson by Baseball America

Named one of the top 10 future scouting directors-

Ranked #7
    7. Sean Johnson
    West Coast Crosschecker, Twins

Johnson was a catcher at Wichita State from 1996-98 and served as the team's director of baseball operations before the Marlins hired him as a Midwest area scout in 2001. A few months later, when Jeffrey Loria sold the Expos to Major League Baseball and bought the Marlins, the Marlins' existing scouts were fired (replaced largely by the old Expos staff) and caused a ripple effect throughout the scouting community, including an unexpected opening with the Twins for an area scout in the Four Corners.

Johnson started there before moving up to West Coast crosschecker in 2007 when Deron Johnson became scouting director. "Sean is extremely bright," Deron Johnson said. "He's hard-working, he's a good evaluator and he's got extremely good people skills. That's a lethal combination."

I played ball with and against Sean growing up...truly one of the good guys. I couldn't be happier for him.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker View Post

Ranked #7
      7. Sean Johnson

Johnson was a catcher at Wichita State from 1996-98 and served as the team's director of baseball operations before the Marlins hired him as a Midwest area scout in 2001. A few months later, when Jeffrey Loria sold the Expos to Major League Baseball and bought the Marlins, the Marlins' existing scouts were fired (replaced largely by the old Expos staff) and caused a ripple effect throughout the scouting community, including an unexpected opening with the Twins for an area scout in the Four Corners.

Johnson started there before moving up to West Coast crosschecker in 2007 when Deron Johnson became scouting director. "Sean is extremely bright," Deron Johnson said. "He's hard-working, he's a good evaluator and he's got extremely good people skills. That's a lethal combination."
      For about five years, I provided a donation to the Shocker program. For several of those years, Sean was my contact person. I can vouch for his people skills. He is a good listener and has empathy for the concerns of others. He is easy to work with. Plus, he is an all around good guy. He treated me very well, unlike his ungrateful successor.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker View Post

Ranked #7
        7. Sean Johnson

I don't ever remember Sean playing much at WSU, but he did do a great job when he was on the staff.

Comment

Working...
        X