Visit to Stillwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit to Stillwater

Before leaving Stillwater last night we stopped to watch a little of a OSU Baseball game and I must say, they have a really nice stadium.. After seeing that I began to wonder when Eck Stadium will get a renovation. Eck works, don’t get me wrong, but I hate to see WSU fall behind other schools when it comes to athletic facilities

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    Before leaving Stillwater last night we stopped to watch a little of a OSU Baseball game and I must say, they have a really nice stadium.. After seeing that I began to wonder when Eck Stadium will get a renovation. Eck works, don’t get me wrong, but I hate to see WSU fall behind other schools when it comes to athletic facilities
    While it is not an SEC or a few other P5 baseball facilities, it is still plenty good enough to recruit players who can field an NCAA tournament level team. Once that starts happening, maybe money will come from somewhere other than former players who really deserve the credit for what has been done to the facilities recently.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

While it is not an SEC or a few other P5 baseball facilities, it is still plenty good enough to recruit players who can field an NCAA tournament level team. Once that starts happening, maybe money will come from somewhere other than former players who really deserve the credit for what has been done to the facilities recently.
      Playing field, yes. Locker rooms, yes. Practice facility, yes.

Stadium (seating and fan experience), no.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Playing field, yes. Locker rooms, yes. Practice facility, yes.

Stadium (seating and fan experience), no.
        Downtown, explain seating? By fan experience, I would guess you mean outfield or off field activities such as promotions and group beer decks? Because the fan experience on the field needs to be fixed first and foremost. While I may regret saying this, I do think this team is better than the last two although we are still losing games we shouldn’t. I have caught several games on television but have not made it out to a game yet primarily because of work obligations (Saturday was an example) or absolutely trash weather.
        Last edited by shoxlax; March 27, 2023, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Do they still have airport level security to get in?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Do they still have airport level security to get in?
            Similar to this clip...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Right, lol
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Downtown, explain seating? By fan experience, I would guess you mean outfield or off field activities such as promotions and group beer decks? Because the fan experience on the field needs to be fixed first and foremost. While I may regret saying this, I do think this team is better than the last two although we are still losing games we shouldn’t. I have caught several games on television but have not made it out to a game yet primarily because of work obligations (Saturday was an example) or absolutely trash weather.
                I mean comfortable seats that are easy to get in and out of. Concessions in an area where you can still see the game. If not, at least TV's in the concourse behind stands so you don't miss any action. Things that help create a fun environment even if the team isn't as good.

Having been to many stadiums across the south, similar to MiLB the fan experience is important. It shows your commitment to the program. You can look around the country and see that while Eck is in the top 20 in capacity, it has been 13 years since it was renovated. Brent and others have gotten a lot done to try to stay with the SEC and others, but the stadium itself should be looked at as soon as the Softball Stadium is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I mean comfortable seats that are easy to get in and out of. Concessions in an area where you can still see the game. If not, at least TV's in the concourse behind stands so you don't miss any action. Things that help create a fun environment even if the team isn't as good.

Having been to many stadiums across the south, similar to MiLB the fan experience is important. It shows your commitment to the program. You can look around the country and see that while Eck is in the top 20 in capacity, it has been 13 years since it was renovated. Brent and others have gotten a lot done to try to stay with the SEC and others, but the stadium itself should be looked at as soon as the Softball Stadium is done.
                  Personally never liked the color of the seats… especially the blue section… looks like AFH ‘beaker’ seats; the architects were probably KU grads and they’re still laughing.

“Once we go black (and yellow), we’ll never go back.” Seriously, black seats aren’t too hot for spring baseball in Doo-Dah. I can’t recall being ‘hot’ at a Shockers baseball game. Well, maybe a couple of times in a regional during our heyday (nothing wrong with halter top and short-short days) when Kevin Costner made his presence, but that’s about it.

Comment

Believe it or not, we bought what was on sale. That's what happens when you don't have leadership.

And yes, things in general are different today and I am in NO way denigrating what the staff did. What they built, how they went about, is completely amazing.

I believe we have, now, the leadership capable of bringing this project into the 21st century, where it belongs.

Comment

Did the blue chairbacks (which I can not stand-color-wise), come from Cessna? Seems like I remember Cessna had a section of chairbacks back in the day.

Comment

Reminiscing a bit here. I recall a young woman that attended baseball games in the 1990's; she was our version of Morganna and sat high up in the green seats behind home plate. When she 'waltzed' into Eck Stadium, every male head would follow her up the isle until she was seated. It was hilarious watching the reactions. She had a set of 'badonkers' that would drive you 'bonkers'.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Reminiscing a bit here. I recall a young woman that attended baseball games in the 1990's; she was our version of Morganna and sat high up in the green seats behind home plate. When she 'waltzed' into Eck Stadium, every male head would follow her up the isle until she was seated. It was hilarious watching the reactions. She had a set of 'badonkers' that would drive you 'bonkers'.
                          ... and NO, I know what you're thinking. Even though there's definitely a resemblance, it wasn't the famous Rackasaurus...

Comment

Working...
                          X