Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
    Matuszak is listed as a 1B/LHP.
    I don't believe he is coming any more per his twitter account. He didn't give reason why but he said he was still going to school in Kansas just not Wichita any longer. My guess is he failed to qualify and is going to a JUCO.

Comment

Coy and Elam went unpicked?
      although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
        correct

Comment

As did Mormann and Lambert. Josh Smith was the only player drafted and Blake Logan out of Eastern Oklahoma Juco the only recruit drafted and he has or will sign with the Marlins.

Comment

Wow...... Pretty down year as far as the draft goes. On one hand, I guess thats good news for next years team. Having Coy and Elam back should benefit the Shocks. On the other, it is just another example of how far this program has fallen...
            although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

You need to remember the draft was roughly 20% smaller this year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                You need to remember the draft was roughly 20% smaller this year as well.
                True, and its hard to say how the new CBA draft rules have affected the dynamics of the draft, but those changes I think did have some impact. Hard to know whether those changes were a factor in Coy and Elam not being drafted or not. I was little surprised someone didn't take a shot at Mormann. He'll probably be signed as a free agent.

Could be more and more players like Mormann who has potential but didn't have a great year will be falling into the undrafted free agent bucket where that can be picked up on the cheap.

Comment

I'm assuming Sam Hall RS last year. Anybody know if he was injured or just chose to RS?

Comment

That will provide the team some much quality senior leadership.

Comment

I believe he did have an injury early in the year and yes he did red shirt.
                      Originally posted by Ed Harley View Post
                      I'm assuming Sam Hall RS last year. Anybody know if he was injured or just chose to RS?
                      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

I am actually pretty optimistic about next year now.

Doggett - CF
                        Parker - 2b
                        Coy - 1b
                        Gillespie DH
                        Harbutz - SS
                        Green - RF
                        Mucha - LF
                        Baker - C
                        Halbert 3b

Key contributers - Hege and Bayliff

Ladwig
                        Gardner
                        Mateycheck
                        Minnis
                        Mcgreevey

Elam
                        Vielock
                        Bouman
                        Beringer
                        Brummett
                        Labrie
                        Vail

We return our best hitter and pitcher in Coy and Elam and everyone else gets another year unfer their belt. I think this team will be very solid. No super stars but there is experience on this team now. I think we will see a consistent team. I just hope our players show improvement.

Comment

Harbutz really lacks the range at SS. He makes the plays he gets to but man I didn't realize what little range he had till I witnessed it at the MVC tourney.

Comment

Wow...... Pretty down year as far as the draft goes. On one hand, I guess thats good news for next years team. Having Coy and Elam back should benefit the Shocks. On the other, it is just another example of how far this program has fallen...
                            The old KState football credo....the good news is everyone is back....the bad news is, everyone is back. Sad.

Comment

Barring some unexpected but typical bias, we should easily be Valley favorites for next year. Yes, I know that's something that we used to be accustomed to, but it is what it is. We will also likely be in the Preseason Top 30. Just a hunch.

Realizing that we are indeed stuck with the current situation for the next 2 years, I feel there still is nothing left to do but cheer for a successful campaign and hope by some miracle we utilize what we have and overachieve. I'm somewhat torn on some of things in the current situation. We were 2 wins away from Omaha 5 years ago, 1 win away from Omaha 4 years ago. Is the current 0 for 3 NCAA streak acceptable? Absolutely not. I do feel the recruiting losses in 2008 were a key misstep. Now, you can definitely blame the coaches for that. It's not an excuse. There should have been better Plan B options.

If we don't win the Valley next year, make a regional, at minimum, then I think everybody knows where everybody stands. No doubt about it.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Solid analysis 'Fever. I know I've been a KCShox type pain in the ass about the state of the program, and I hope everyone knows it's NOT just about on the field performances, although certainly that's a big part of it.

That being said, the goal is NOT to continue to crumble and continue the slide into the abyss. The goal is to do the best with what we've got, get back to the tourney where we belong and put the program BACK to a spot where we can make a spectacular hire to replace Gene no later than 2 seasons from now which I believe will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X