Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirabelli Returns to Red Sox!!

Got this from Shelley.

Check out this video from Tuesday at Fenway Park. To understand the full significance of the event, read the short write-up with the video.

Stay on top of the Boston Red Sox's schedule at NESN.com. Get the latest info on games, scores, and standings for baseball's most iconic team.

Another Shocker in the limelight.

--'85.
    Last edited by Shocker85; May 17, 2012, 12:27 AM.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

That video is great. But I sure feel old seeing Mirabelli with gray hair.

Comment

Very , very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'll echo shox1989, I feel old seeing Mirabelli with the gray hair. But that big beaming grin of his is unchanged! Thanks for sharing.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Doug was Mike Kennedys son Seans favorite player back then and he may still be. I remember Doug throwing across his body without coming out of his crouch to throw a guy out trying to steal third and remember thinking "man does this guy have an arm for a freshman". Loved him then and now.

Comment

I had several classes with Doug back in the day. One of the all time great shockers and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Doug was Mike Kennedys son Seans favorite player back then and he may still be. I remember Doug throwing across his body without coming out of his crouch to throw a guy out trying to steal third and remember thinking "man does this guy have an arm for a freshman". Loved him then and now.
              And don't forget "the throw" during Doug's sophomore season (1991 CWS game against CU great throw from Audley to get the runner at the plate). Doug did a great job faking out the runner and made a perfect tag.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                And don't forget "the throw" during Doug's sophomore season (1991 CWS game against CU great throw from Audley to get the runner at the plate). Doug did a great job faking out the runner and made a perfect tag.
                Just never get old does it?

A clip of "The Throw" by Wichita State's Jim Audley that was the "deep freeze" play in this 1991 College World Series classic

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Just never get old does it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjPiLHAKRAw
                  You are right, it never gets old.

Comment

This should be required viewing before you can receive your diploma at da WU.

Comment

Such a thing of beauty!

Comment

Working...
                      X