• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Projections 5/8

Gainesville Regional

Gainesville Regional
    Host: Florida {3}
    1. Florida 35-13 #2 (SEC at large)
    4. Florida Atlantic 27-18 #76 (SBC Automatic)
    2. Miami 29-17 #15 (ACC at large)
    3. Wichita State 29-22 #44 (MVC at large)

Houston Regional
    Host: Rice
    1. Rice 33-13 #17 (CUSA Automatic)
    4. Cornell 31-15-1 #126 (Ivy Automatic)
    2. Ole Miss 31-18 #20 (SEC at large)
    3. Dallas Baptist 34-14 #24 (Independent at large)

Lexington Regional
    Host: Kentucky
    1. Kentucky 37-11 #9 (SEC at large)
    4. Austin Peay 28-18 #144 (OVC Automatic)
    2. Missouri State 34-14 #34 (MVC Automatic)
    3. Louisville 33-15 #42 (BEC at large)

West Lafayette Regional
    Host: Purdue
    1. Purdue 34-9 #10 (B10 Automatic)
    4. Kent State 30-17 #127 (MAC Automatic) 2. Arkansas 34-15 #8 (SEC at large)
    3. Indiana State 35-12 #50 (MVC At large)

Last Five In: Wichita State, Long Beach State, Southeastern Louisiana, Michigan State, Texas
    Next Ten Out: Wake Forest, Tulane, Stetson, Elon, Maryland, Texas State, UC Irvine, Utah Valley State, Ohio State, Illinois State

Last edited by SB Shock; May 9, 2012, 06:51 PM. Reason: added boyshocker catch of ISUB missing

has Ind.st at the Purdue regional.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
      has Ind.st at the Purdue regional.
      thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Gainesville Regional

Gainesville Regional
        Host: Florida {3}
        1. Florida 35-13 #2 (SEC at large)
        4. Florida Atlantic 27-18 #76 (SBC Automatic)
        2. Miami 29-17 #15 (ACC at large)
        3. Wichita State 29-22 #44 (MVC at large)

Houston Regional
        Host: Rice
        1. Rice 33-13 #17 (CUSA Automatic)
        4. Cornell 31-15-1 #126 (Ivy Automatic)
        2. Ole Miss 31-18 #20 (SEC at large)
        3. Dallas Baptist 34-14 #24 (Independent at large)

Lexington Regional
        Host: Kentucky
        1. Kentucky 37-11 #9 (SEC at large)
        4. Austin Peay 28-18 #144 (OVC Automatic)
        2. Missouri State 34-14 #34 (MVC Automatic)
        3. Louisville 33-15 #42 (BEC at large)

West Lafayette Regional
        Host: Purdue
        1. Purdue 34-9 #10 (B10 Automatic)
        4. Kent State 30-17 #127 (MAC Automatic) 2. Arkansas 34-15 #8 (SEC at large)
        3. Indiana State 35-12 #50 (MVC At large)

Last Five In: Wichita State, Long Beach State, Southeastern Louisiana, Michigan State, Texas
        Next Ten Out: Wake Forest, Tulane, Stetson, Elon, Maryland, Texas State, UC Irvine, Utah Valley State, Ohio State, Illinois State

http://www.sebaseball.rivals.com/con...sp?CID=1363159
        Thanks for the update. I find it interesting that Long Beach has also improved their record to the point that they are listed as one of the last 5 in. As I recall they were way below .500 when we played them.

Comment

Apparently Purdue's current field does not meet ncaa regional hosting standards (they are getting a new stadium next year). They are looking at several different locations to host at including places as far away as Gary, Indiana or even Terre Huate (apparently Indy State's field does meet ncaa regional standards).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            Apparently Purdue's current field does not meet ncaa regional hosting standards (they are getting a new stadium next year). They are looking at several different locations to host at including places as far away as Gary, Indiana or even Terre Huate (apparently Indy State's field does meet ncaa regional standards).

Their new park was supposed to be finished this year but ran into problems. I bet they are really kicking themselves. It looks like it's going to be really nice...but a year late.

Comment

with this weekend sweep of bradley, now a path forward to making a regional can be seen.

WSU now in 3rd, needs to stay in 3rd place. That means staying ahead of Evansville/ISUR. Best scenario is WSU sweeps the sCum and SWMO loses their series to ISUB and WSU finishes 2nd.

Comment

Nobody is going to know or care that we lose a tie breaker to ISUB for second, and not being in MSU's half of the draw is worth a lot more in my humble opinion than finishing 2nd. Plus, as proud as I am of these guys fighting late in the season, I hold almost no hope of sweeping Creighton in their biggest series of the year. I'd take 2 of 3 and walk away thrilled right now.

Have MSU win 2 of 3 or sweep, and I like our chances in the tournament with an outside shot at a regional.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Nobody is going to know or care that we lose a tie breaker to ISUB for second, and not being in MSU's half of the draw is worth a lot more in my humble opinion than finishing 2nd. Plus, as proud as I am of these guys fighting late in the season, I hold almost no hope of sweeping Creighton in their biggest series of the year. I'd take 2 of 3 and walk away thrilled right now.

Have MSU win 2 of 3 or sweep, and I like our chances in the tournament with an outside shot at a regional.
                  MSU has to sweep to finish 1st. If ISUB wins the series they will be the MVC regular season champs. The magic # is 5 (ISUB and WSU total wins next weekend) and WSU finishes 2nd. Anything less and the best we can do is tie for 2nd and both ISUB and MSU own the tie breaker against us. We do catch kind of a break since Evansville is playing ISUR. We just need to make sure neither team sweeps.

Comment

I agree with Doc that I hope we're opposite of MSU in the bracket down in Springpatch. Now granted, Evansville held them to 3 runs in 3 games this weekend at home. They definitely aren't unbeatable and by those statistics, WSU has a legitimate shot at them. However, WSU can't score either so I'd just as well take our chances opposite of them on their home turf in front of 500 Bare fans.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Speaking of Bare fans....

What happened to that poster who came around here after the MSU series?

Comment

Just like all of their programs, he was a flash in the pan.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                          We just need to make sure neither team sweeps.
                          And just how do you propose to do that, shockfan89? Are you going to go to their series with some pixie dust in your luggage, or what?

Comment

Yes that was a poor choice of words... I meant we need to hope neither team sweeps or make sure we do. If I had any of that sweeping pixie dust I would have used it long ago with this team.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                              Yes that was a poor choice of words... I meant we need to hope neither team sweeps or make sure we do. If I had any of that sweeping pixie dust I would have used it long ago with this team.
                              I assumed you weren't going go "Tonya Harding" on us!

Comment

Working...
                              X