Shox @ Dirtbags (2-17, 2-18, 2-19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhhhh
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Is that good?

Comment

• I think the ‘questionable’ balk call pissed off our hitters…
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Baseball is such a stupid yet beautiful sport.
          78-65

Comment

• Yikes!

Comment

• We’re swigging like a rusty gate…

Comment

• 96 MPH.......

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• HELL YEAH!!!

Comment

• Needed that win badly after what happned last night. Still another, coulda, shoulda, woulda weeekend. Should have won this series but there were both some positives and some things that need work.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2023, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Definitely some positives, however we might have the early ‘national lead’ for swings and misses… we whiff a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Baseball is such a stupid yet beautiful sport.
                            This is an interesting statement. I agree. There are quite a few MLB rules changes coming this year that could revolutionize MLB, by speeding up the game, and possibly (in part) eventually, if adopted by the NCAA, change college baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is an interesting statement. I agree. There are quite a few MLB rules changes coming this year that could revolutionize MLB, by speeding up the game, and possibly (in part) eventually, if adopted by the NCAA, change college baseball.
                              Don’t read too much into my comment. I’m just referring to how a team can suffer a two-hit shutout, suffer a walkoff home run, and win a blowout by scoring eleven runs…all in the span of 48 hours. No other sport has that much of a wide variance.
                              78-65

Comment

• General thoughts regarding our first weekend.

You have to learn to win and I'm not sure this group is there yet. Disappointed we couldn't find a way to win 1 of the first 2 games but encouraged that they responded yesterday with authority. I think most of us would have expected a 9-0 loss after that walk off Saturday (from any WSU team in the last decade or so).

Overall, cautiously pleased is how I'm looking at it. We rolled out 7 pitchers and 6 of those 7 were either really good or really good in chunks. Only Bye struggled completely and his volume of work at least to this point suggests Saturday was an anomaly. Grant Adler while not razor sharp looks like he belongs. Trying to stay calm about Snead who looked dynamite. Tons of upside there. And we have plenty of arms yet to get a chance...more than one with big upside.

Definitely have some things to work on....fielding wasn't as sharp as it should be. I didn't feel like we held runners well at all. Clearly we're going to be searching for a lineup for awhile based on several options but it seems like the biggest questions are due to having really quality options. It's not like we've got to find a RF, it's like hey, we've got 3 or 4 options with guys that bring quite a bit to the table.

Hitting also needs some improvement but again, lots to like as well. 6 walks and 34 strikeouts over 3 games however is not one of the things to like. That's WAYYYY too many Ks and way too few walks (although in fairness, most of the LBSU staff was dealing this weekend).

Last year's numbers

Our pitching 2.06 K/BB

Opp pitching 2.22 K/BB

This weekend

Us 2.63 K/BB really good number (we worked ahead a lot and honestly that number could have been significantly better)

Them 5.67 K/BB unacceptable, no matter how good the opponent is.

Ks per game needs to be closer to 8 not 11+.

Still, personnel-wise, I feel even stronger that we have new dudes in Millan, Pennington, McDonald & Candiotti for sure. Herring and Little seem more than serviceable (hope Little is ok). Rodden and Tolle are studs. And there are enough other guys that we'll find someone when we need to fill a hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X