Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Sycamores, Game 3

Shox up 6-2 bottom 8.

Looks like they might pull this one out. Granted still plenty of time to choke this one.
    although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Shox win. Too little, too late.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Two posts on a big conference game in early May. There's an old saying in the college athletics business. "Losses don't get coaches fired, apathy does".

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
        Shox win. Too little, too late.
        The Shox rpi is now 44, their SOS is 31, and they are now 4-3 against the rpi top 25 (Dallas Baptist has moved into the top 25) , 8-8 against the top 50 (Tulane and Indy St have moved into the top 50). Warren Nolan is predicting that WSU will finish with a rpi of 41.

Those are very good numbers. If they could just find a way to sweep Bradley and Creighton they would probably be dancing.
        Last edited by shox1989; May 7, 2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
          Shox up 6-2 bottom 8.

Looks like they might pull this one out. Granted still plenty of time to choke this one.
          Final Score: Shox 8, Indy St. 2
          Last edited by shox1989; May 7, 2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

The Valley rpis after this weekend: MoST #34, WSU #44, Indy St. #50, Ill. St. #57, Bu #108, Ue #108, SIu #111, Cu #194. The conference rpi is back up to #7 (it has moved between 7 and 8 for most of the season).

The Valley rpis are starting to get some separation between the top 4 and the bottom 4. Now if the standings could just get the same separation.

Comment

BTW Freshman AJ Ladwig threw a great game today. He lasted 6 innings only throwing 64 pitches and 50 of them were strikes. Minnis closed out the game throwing 3 innings of scoreless ball.

Comment

Tip O' The Hat @shox1989: for your positive persistence. Thread has had 7 posts. The actual game drew 3 posts and you made 4 straight after game posts.

Comment

I hope Minnis never starts another game. There's something about putting people in positions in which they thrive. For Albert, that is middle to long relief.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                    I hope Minnis never starts another game. There's something about putting people in positions in which they thrive. For Albert, that is middle to long relief.
                    Minnis does seem to do better out of the bullpen. I think he may have found his nitch.

Comment

One of the things I really liked about Sunday's game is that we got some really good timely hits and took control of the game early. We also had some outstanding pitching.

When we got to the game on Sunday, a couple of their hecklers walked by carrying brooms. I was really glad we got the early lead and kept building on it, those brooms never really did make an appearance. It also kept their hecklers fairly quiet on Sunday (for those of you who have never been to a game at Terre Huate they have several drunks that show up every game and pretty much rag non-stop).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        BTW Freshman AJ Ladwig threw a great game today. He lasted 6 innings only throwing 64 pitches and 50 of them were strikes. Minnis closed out the game throwing 3 innings of scoreless ball.
                        AJ was outstanding. He worked ahead of the hitters all day long and he didn't walk anyone. I knew he pitched well, but I didn't realize until we got home and I checked the box score that he threw 50 strikes. That is great.
                        Last edited by shocker3; May 7, 2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                          Albert also pitched well on Sunday. He only gave up 1 hit and no runs in 3 innings of work, earning a Save.

We are going to need all of our pitchers to do well when we get to the Valley tourney. Even if we finish the season strong and may not need to win the Valley tourney we will need to go deep into it if we are to have any chance to make the ncaa tournament this year. We may also need a 5th and 6th starter, so we may need Albert to start again.

Comment

Go figure the two Pumpers go postal on this thread but are nowhere to be found in the first two game threads (minus 1 lonely post by shocker3 in Game 1). Shocking.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

With the Alcorn State game being cancelled, all of our pitchers should be well rested for this weekend. Johnny Coy will also get some much needed rest for this pulled hamstring.

Comment

Working...
                              X