The last hope for sunshine pumpers...ISUb game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last hope for sunshine pumpers...ISUb game 2

I am a Gene guy and borderline sunshine pumper, if we lose today then all bets are.off and most of us will tune back in for the Valley tourney. With that said, I still believe. Go Kris and go shocks.

Harbutz hit by a 1-2 pitch then is immediately picked off. Thoughts?

Not trying to be a smartass....ok, I'm being a bit of a smartass but that kind of crap never used to happen. There is no excuse for it, and it's not just Eric making the mistake, it's the preparation. Shane knew the pitcher...we saw him twice last year. Only 1-5 against him stealing and he's picked off 5 this season. At a minimum, Shane is doing his homework better and more efficiently than Gene, J.T. and Eric.

Stupidity and terrible preparedness. Completely par for the course.

Comment

By contrast, Indiana State got a HBP and scored him in the first. Shocking. 1-0 Trees bottom 2. Could be over already.

Comment

I know it is very early, but this game could very well be over. Manaea looks pretty dominant. As good or better than the guys ISU threw on Friday.

Comment

Do you really expect Gene or anyone else on this coaching staff to actually know anything about the other team? I mean that might require a few hours of work a week. Can't be working when you can be out drinking and picking up women.
          although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
            Do you really expect Gene or anyone else on this coaching staff to actually know anything about the other team? I mean that might require a few hours of work a week. Can't be working when you can be out drinking and picking up women.
            Ouch! Now that I think about it, all 3 are now single and on the prowl.

Comment

This has got to be the end of the coaching staff, right? This team is BAD. If our radio guys are doing more prep work than our staff, what are we paying them for?

Comment

How embarassing is this?

Comment

And with that 2nd pickoff of a leadoff baserunner (Harbutz. Again.) I'm out until the MVC tournament. I'll still be following scores and occasionally listening in, but no more posting. It's just too tempting to drop curse words and disparage our crappy players.

Comment

This is pretty sad. I will stick out the game for old times sake but the end is near for me on this season and staff.

Comment

Do the Shocks have a Lazarus act in their bag of tricks. Maybe that INS player the stepped into the pitch last inning woke the Shocks up a little bit.

Good to get Manaea out the game. Although the INS reliever has very good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        This has got to be the end of the coaching staff, right? This team is BAD. If our radio guys are doing more prep work than our staff, what are we paying them for?
                        I actually like Shane and think he does a very good job but everyone on here does realize he works for the baseball team as Director of Operations right? Everything he knows he gets from the coaches or comes from conversation with our coaches.

Comment

OMG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                            I actually like Shane and think he does a very good job but everyone on here does realize he works for the baseball team as Director of Operations right? Everything he knows he gets from the coaches or comes from conversation with our coaches.

Even if I agreed with your statement, which I don't, then maybe our coaching staff should spend more time talking with players instead of the Director of Operations. Shane certainly has a pretty good grasp on things and since he has "learned everything he knows from our coaches", it just further proves that this coaching staff is completely out of touch with today's player. They have lost their ability to communicate properly with someone who is less than 21 years of age. Although, I'm not sure they ever had that ability to begin with.
                            although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Why was TJ in a tie game!!! WTF I'm out too!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X