At this point I'm ready to lose out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point I'm ready to lose out

I've generally been supportive of Gene and was happy when he came back to WSU, but it appears that the best scenario for our baseball program would have been if he had left and stayed gone. A man that builds something from scratch should be allowed a lot of leeway to a point. I think the point is crossed when actions or performance threaten the stability of what has been built. WSU's baseball program has a lot of money invested in it and probably a much higher cost of operation than most college baseball programs in the country - not including the coaching salaries. To keep a lower revenue sport like college baseball operating at the level we operate it at, you must win and win a lot... AND you must receive a lot of financial support. Financial support is not easy to come by when teams in your paltry conference (on much lower budgets) wax your ass on your home turf.

We need to hire the top, young, up-and-coming baseball coach and we need to announce it at the end of the season. Gene needs to be standing right by the AD's side with his blessing. I think to get Gene in that state of mind, he needs to understand he simply doesn't have what it takes anymore. I think having a disaster of a season as well as diminishing attendance will help get the point across. If he doesn't get the point, then he needs to be ushered out of the program that he built.. forcibly as crazy as that sounds.

Thanks Gene for all you've done, but let's do what is necessary to build a legacy of great Shocker baseball that spans generations, not just yours.

T

...:cool:

Pretty solid and well put post, Cold.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well stated T.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
      X